Sign in with
Your question

What hard drive should i pick?

Tags:
  • Cyberpower
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 21, 2012 7:31:59 PM

Hi, im currently browsing through cyberpower looking at a new gaming pc. I think i found what i want, but i have afew questions about it. Heres what ive picked out so far:
Gamer Scorpius 8000

Apevia X-Plorer 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window and MultiMeter Display

AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

[CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

600 Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

now heres the thing that i dont get about the hard drive...on default it was supposed to come with :
60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 525MB/s Read & 475MB/s Write.

That seems like an incredibly small amount of space, so i switched it to :
1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Is that a reasonable replacement? Is that a good hard drive? Also given those stats should i spend a little extra to get a 10% overclocking? would it be able to handle it? and is it worth it?

More about : hard drive pick

February 11, 2012 11:07:09 PM

Do not under any circumstances skimp out on the power supply both the xtreme gear and the cyberpower branded power supplys are junk and will give you nothing but headaches.
The PSU is the heart of the system get a corsair, coolermaster , silverstone or a thermatake.
Usually folks that get the Small ssd are only using it for a boot drive for the Operating system and maybe a few speed intensive programs such as a game.
The have a mechanical drive as a data drive for music, pictures and other data you want on your system
And yes the 1TB drive you chose is a good one.
If you read a lot you should be able to find out how to over clock it your self or just post on Tom's and ask for help on over clocking.
m
l
Related resources
!