Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

8800gts runs BF3 better than my 560ti, why?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 23, 2011 12:16:43 AM

Title pretty much says it all. Same drivers 285.62 for both cards. The 560 ti studders and the gameplay on the 8800gt is smooth. Even turned down the settings to see if that made a difference and pretty much the same thing.

More about : 8800gts runs bf3 560ti

November 23, 2011 12:19:31 AM

Whats the CPU and ram? If the CPU is maxed out and cant provide data to the video card fast enough it wont matter what card you use. The computer is only as fast as the slowest part.
m
0
l
November 23, 2011 12:21:18 AM

wouldnt the 8800gts be running in direct x 9? and the 560ti in direct x 11? might have something to do with it?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 23, 2011 12:28:24 AM

there's an issue with BF3 and overclocked cards (esp from Nvidia), regardless of whether factory overclocked or not. get an overclocking utility like msi afterburner and set all your clocks to whatever the default values are for REFERENCE 560 TIs. If that doesn't work, use the values for the reference 560 (non-ti).

it sounds really weird, but it does work. it's a common problem.

edit: i forgot to add, this overclocking issue has nothing to do with temps. so don't think that just because your temps are fine, the overclock is ok for BF3. this is the only game i know of with this unexplainable problem.
m
0
l
November 23, 2011 12:29:42 AM

bucknutty said:
Whats the CPU and ram? If the CPU is maxed out and cant provide data to the video card fast enough it wont matter what card you use. The computer is only as fast as the slowest part.


Good question Buck, i was pretty sure that would be the first thing asked. Cpu is E8400 @ about 3.2MHz. That just a touch oc with fsb at 1362. 4gb of PC2-6400 that is running to keep up with the above specs. I'm afraid your going to tell me the problem is the cpu or ram, just hated to go all in when it all still runs well.

Kd, it is currently running dx10 with windows 7x64.. Looks and plays well.

Intel4..Just saw your post after i finished answering the previous 2..I will give that a shot as it is slightly oc'd by msi ..thanks for the tip.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
November 23, 2011 12:33:20 AM

the 8800 will render less than the 560........ and are you sure the game is running both in DX10 ?
m
0
l
November 23, 2011 12:36:29 AM

Swifty, the dx 10 was directed at Kd when he asked about dx with the 8800gts..The 560 runs in dx 11
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
November 23, 2011 12:42:00 AM

again, the 8800 will render less than the 560. any way to make the game run in DX10 while using the 560 to test ? if you lower some demands on the 560 you should be able to get more out of it. also, I won't run 560's any more. i found they had problems, mostly heat related. perhaps you can work on that a little.
m
0
l
November 23, 2011 12:49:31 AM

swifty_morgan said:
again, the 8800 will render less than the 560. any way to make the game run in DX10 while using the 560 to test ? if you lower some demands on the 560 you should be able to get more out of it. also, I won't run 560's any more. i found they had problems, mostly heat related. perhaps you can work on that a little.


Swifty..I sent it off rma to msi this week. Thats how i arrived at this juncture of the 8800gts and the question. Maybe i will get lucky and the quality will improve with the replacement. I remember there was a way to force a dx version to run but the was some time ago and no longer remember how to get it done but i will look into it for posterity. I will also look into the heat issue if it suffers from the same performance.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
November 23, 2011 12:54:42 AM

JamBro said:
Swifty..I sent it off rma to msi this week. Thats how i arrived at this juncture of the 8800gts and the question. Maybe i will get lucky and the quality will improve with the replacement. I remember there was a way to force a dx version to run but the was some time ago and no longer remember how to get it done but i will look into it for posterity. I will also look into the heat issue if it suffers from the same performance.



well, maybe I wasn't wrong in my assumptions. here's something not too many people will know about but should have been reported on many sites............ nvidia had some poorly made bootleg chips on some of their cards. someone should ask why it hasn't been better reported.................
m
0
l
!