Control file display in `open' dialog boxes

Uning about any app, when I use the file/open dialog box, the view
always defaults to `list' from a choice of

thumbnails
tiles
icons
list
details

I have set `details' in the folder view setup and opening folders with
the file browser explorer does show the `details' view.

Where can I change the default for file view in `File/open' dialog boxes?
2 answers Last reply
More about control file display open dialog boxes

    No where. There is no setting.

    War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
    http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
    "Harry Putnam" <reader@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:u3c1mj9i9.fsf@newsguy.com...
    > Uning about any app, when I use the file/open dialog box, the view
    > always defaults to `list' from a choice of
    >
    > thumbnails
    > tiles
    > icons
    > list
    > details
    >
    > I have set `details' in the folder view setup and opening folders with
    > the file browser explorer does show the `details' view.
    >
    > Where can I change the default for file view in `File/open' dialog boxes?

    I'm looking for a solution to this also. I have a computer set up with a
    touchscreen,
    and no mouse or keyboard. I would like to have the File Open Dialog default
    to Icon or Thumbnail instead of List, in order to facilitate ease of use by
    the touchscreen.

    Can anyone help?

Configuration Dialog Customization Windows XP Displays