Control file display in `open' dialog boxes

September 13, 2004 5:42:38 PM

Uning about any app, when I use the file/open dialog box, the view
always defaults to `list' from a choice of

thumbnails
tiles
icons
list
details

I have set `details' in the folder view setup and opening folders with
the file browser explorer does show the `details' view.

Where can I change the default for file view in `File/open' dialog boxes?
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 11:06:31 AM

No where. There is no setting.

War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
"Harry Putnam" <reader@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:u3c1mj9i9.fsf@newsguy.com...
> Uning about any app, when I use the file/open dialog box, the view
> always defaults to `list' from a choice of
>
> thumbnails
> tiles
> icons
> list
> details
>
> I have set `details' in the folder view setup and opening folders with
> the file browser explorer does show the `details' view.
>
> Where can I change the default for file view in `File/open' dialog boxes?
October 21, 2004 4:13:02 PM

I'm looking for a solution to this also. I have a computer set up with a
touchscreen,
and no mouse or keyboard. I would like to have the File Open Dialog default
to Icon or Thumbnail instead of List, in order to facilitate ease of use by
the touchscreen.

Can anyone help?
!