Ranth

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I have been wondering... is there any cpu heat monitoring programs that have like an "overlay" function like fraps have with fps?
Would be nice to be able to run a game in full screen while being able to watch the cpu/gpu temps..

Ranth

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Thank you for the Link Chaz pretty helpful :)
I know, and I use recording software, though what I'm looking for is a program that show temp. in game. Not sure if it even exist, though it really should :p

The one I suggested isn't good enough for you?

You can alt/tab to see the temp or you can view the temps after your done playing. It'll tell you the minimum and maximum temps the cpu (and all your other components) reached while you were gaming.

I see absolutely no reason why you would need to see the temps on the game screen.

Ranth

Honorable
May 3, 2012

Something along those lines... I have an Ati radeon 4830 and it's for nvidia

Ranth

Honorable
May 3, 2012

There are some games where you can lose the game close the window (Games like Killing Floor) and if I have to check afterwards I have to keep an eye on the time while I'm playing. Don't get me wrong it's not like I won't go with this, but if there is something that allow me to check temps. without any major effort, and see the exact scenarios where the heat i causing problems I would go with that instead. I think that will be more accurate than having to remember every scenario and the time.

Ranth

Honorable
May 3, 2012

If I had another display and if my system could handle it (Don't think it can) I would probably do the same. Will remember that one

InvalidError

Titan

A 2nd display used to show 2D applications (rather than extend game resolution) has almost no impact on game performance full-screen or windowed. All you need is a video card with multiple outputs, which is almost any card manufactured in the past ~10 years.