kenix

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
i just installed a cooler master 500 watt RP-500-PCAR...and it works perfectly while my chasis is on its side, but when i stand the computer upright it sounds as if the fan is hitting something in the power supply, is it an installation mistake, i dont know if i should return it or if theres some way of fixing the problem...

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Make sure that the PSU is tightly screwed in and no wires are hitting it. Also make sure that there are no wires touching any other fans, especially the HSF

kenix

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
i checked the other fans..it is the psu fan and i retightened the psu, moved all wires..and when the chasis is upright it still rattles, i dont understand what the problem is...do you think i should just unhook everything and return it?

P.S.

when the case is upside down the clicking doesnt happen, so i believe it shitting the fan grate...i dont know if that helps the situation...

I had similar fan problems in a Coolermaster PSU. I replaced the fan with a Thermaltake, but it quit working within weeks; I don't think it was the fan. With so many alternatives available, Coolermaster is on my "No reason to buy" list.