I start lagging after a few hours of gaming.

ytrohs10

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
When I play COD MW3 for a few hours i star getting like this weird lag. Its like a freeze then i unfreeze and it continuously occurs. Is it that the video card is overheating because of playing to much or is something else. I always have a 4 bar connection when this occurs. I have a powercolor 6870. also when this happened i checked my video cards temp and it was like 50 degrees Celsius and my cpu was like 44. Is this a hardware issue or something else?

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
It sounds hardware related if it happens every time after a few hrs of gaming. Temps u provided are good. What you are describing sounds like hitching. Possibly HDD related. Is HDD close to or in direct line on GPU? That would cause overheating of hdd. Does your case have good ventilation?

I would try to move HDD to different location if in line with GPU. If heat is not the cause then try another HDD to rule out if faulty.

ytrohs10

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

I have a seagate barracuda 1tb hdd, amd phenom 965 black edition, cooler master 922 case, and 4 gigs of ram ripjaw series. and the hdd isnt reallt that close to the gpu. S o its my hdd causing the issue?

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

There is a few possible causes, but HDD is the first place I would look.