Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Y cant i max mw3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 23, 2011 12:11:28 PM

I recently bought mw3 :D  whoopee. According to www.canirunit.com i easily meet the requirements to max mw3. But when i play it. I still get stuttering. My system specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110408-1633)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL_
System Model: DH55TC__
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/09 11:58:43 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8118MB RAM
Page File: 2337MB used, 13895MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Any help would be appriciated.

More about : max mw3

a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 12:20:32 PM

If you're putting it on Ultra you wouldn't be able to run smoothly on Ultra settings. Recommend dropping down to High- shoul be plenty of horsepower to have very playable framerates.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graph...

Also, the usual advice of ensuring your drivers are up to date is typically helpful.
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 12:58:05 PM

beltzy said:
If you're putting it on Ultra you wouldn't be able to run smoothly on Ultra settings. Recommend dropping down to High- shoul be plenty of horsepower to have very playable framerates.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graph...

Also, the usual advice of ensuring your drivers are up to date is typically helpful.

He is talking about modern warfare 3 not battlefield 3.

@OP I recommend waiting for patches.There are certain people on forums who have mentioned the problem.Seriously though I recommend you play battlefield 3 over mw3 any day.MW3 is a SHITTY Console port while BF3 is a PC optimised game.When you buy games from console oriented companies you should expect no optimisation for PC
Score
Related resources
November 23, 2011 1:13:29 PM

Your CPU is plenty for the game, but your video card may be what is holding you back.

Looking at the benchmark from Techspot, it would seem your video card would be holding you back from completely smooth gameplay if you are playing at 1080p or above if you are at max details, as you describe you are experiencing occasional stuttering.
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 1:18:04 PM

Why is your paging file set to a max size of 13.56 gb? Did windows do that?

The game should run fine on your hard ware. Is it just multi that stutters or does single player stutter as well. The GPU might be a little weak for the game.

On a side note I would fix that virtual memory. Go to system properties then go to advanced click performance settings. Click advanced. Under virtual memory click change.
Set it to let me manage.
set it to use no paging file.
reboot
delete the "C:\pagefile.sys". You may need to unhide protected system files
defragment Hard drive
go back to the system properties then go to advanced click performance settings. Click advanced. Under virtual memory click change.
set it to 4gbs 4096 or 8 gbs 8192. Reboot.
Windows will make you a nice new pagefile.sys and because you defraggmented it will be in one neat block of the HD
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 1:40:40 PM

@LothDK and bucknutty For your information gtx 550 ti is able to run bf3 at near max with 35 fps.MW3 is NOTHING compared to bf3.I own both and my gtx 275+i7 gets a constant 50+ fps at max.In fact MW3 looks so dated compared to bf3 that it hurts my eyes
Score
November 23, 2011 1:55:16 PM

Hi Blacknutty. i try to delete the pagefile.sys file and it say it open in another program and it wont let me delete it.
Score
November 23, 2011 2:02:36 PM

And it seems i can pmax mw3 if i turn deph of field off , soften smoke edges off and space screen ambient occlusion. Dont know what these things are supposed to do but my game run supa smooth now. can some1 explain to me what these "visual eye candy" settings i turned off actually do. thnx
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 2:17:14 PM

weisnoobs said:
Hi Blacknutty. i try to delete the pagefile.sys file and it say it open in another program and it wont let me delete it.

after you set windows to no page file you need to reboot so that the computer is not using the file any more.
THen you can delete it and defragment the HD.
Score
a c 125 U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 2:29:27 PM

celpas said:
@LothDK and bucknutty For your information gtx 550 ti is able to run bf3 at near max with 35 fps.MW3 is NOTHING compared to bf3.I own both and my gtx 275+i7 gets a constant 50+ fps at max.In fact MW3 looks so dated compared to bf3 that it hurts my eyes

I don't know about MW3 performance, but as far as BF3 goes... well first off you're "near max" on a DX10 card. So none of the most stressful options are being applied. Also depends on monitor resolution of course. A 550Ti will at best do medium in BF3 at 1080p. A single 5850 with a big overclock runs it decently well at High, which is a much faster card. CF 5850s run it really well at Ultra.
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 2:36:51 PM

wolfram23 said:
I don't know about MW3 performance, but as far as BF3 goes... well first off you're "near max" on a DX10 card. So none of the most stressful options are being applied. Also depends on monitor resolution of course. A 550Ti will at best do medium in BF3 at 1080p. A single 5850 with a big overclock runs it decently well at High, which is a much faster card. CF 5850s run it really well at Ultra.

tbh even in dx 11 the most demanding setting in bf3 is actually the deferred AA solution which is actually a customised form of super sampling AA.Turn that off and bf3 aint that demanding.I was surprised at how well it runs compared to beta.Also the term playable depends on preference.You may not believe it but even at 30 fps BF3 like crysis 1 is VERY playable.I never go below top 5 ranks and thats at 30 fps.
Score

Best solution

November 23, 2011 4:30:23 PM

weisnoobs said:
And it seems i can pmax mw3 if i turn deph of field off , soften smoke edges off and space screen ambient occlusion. Dont know what these things are supposed to do but my game run supa smooth now. can some1 explain to me what these "visual eye candy" settings i turned off actually do. thnx

Good to hear you got it running without the stuttering.

Depth of Field is used to blur the graphics, it can be implemented in different ways, hmm, the easiest way to describe it is if you for instance is looking through the scope of a rifle and the graphics in the lense is clear but everything else (not seen through the lense) is blurred.

Ambient Occlusion is used to add an extra layer of shadows to objects, to give extra depth to the scenery, but at the cost of FPS (the FPS hit be quite extreme depending on the game and the way it is implemented).
a c 144 U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 4:45:58 PM

weisnoobs said:
I recently bought mw3 :D  whoopee. According to www.canirunit.com i easily meet the requirements to max mw3. But when i play it. I still get stuttering. My system specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110408-1633)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL_
System Model: DH55TC__
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/09 11:58:43 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8118MB RAM
Page File: 2337MB used, 13895MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Any help would be appriciated.

try to disable MSAA and SSAO and see if it can help your performance. btw i agree with celpas that MW3 is poor console port :D 
Score
November 24, 2011 8:08:42 AM

Best answer selected by weisnoobs.
Score
!