Question about Vcore n temps fx4100

joec_10

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I'm getting two 120 m fans next week I'm going put one on the top of my case blowing Air onto my Cpu in one blowing onto my northbridge from the side panel since those are the only two things im worry about over heating while miner gaming. Also here is a picture I notice my cpu says 1.4 v core but it peaks over 1.43 all the time is that safe? also if I get more cooling would the V core drop? I'm also thinking of replacing my mobo with ASrock extreme 3 since its now $79.99 on new egg I'm not liking this bored because the fact it is over heating its gets to 78C just in one game of black ops Any ideas on how in what I should do to keep the V core in temps down to about 50c 55c with out water cooling Thanks if you can help.

Capture1.png

here is my system cable management is a bit whack

21.png

The temps drop down to 33c cpu 50c north bridge 0.94 vcore on idle in move streaming

Solution
Any top fans, especially air cooling should be exhaust. Heat rises and needs to be dispursed. I would set your side fan to intake and a top rear fan to exhaust.
It probably has got one but have you got a front intake? this is quite crucial in smaller cases.

You also want negative pressure in the case for dust and heat reasons. Note the total CFM of the exhaust fans (you will find this on the packaging) should be more than the total intake.

One thing to note is your voltages, they are high. I am not very experienced at overclocking/undervolting AMD chips so I won't try and advise anymore, they changed to much in recent years.

bleechy

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012
Any top fans, especially air cooling should be exhaust. Heat rises and needs to be dispursed. I would set your side fan to intake and a top rear fan to exhaust.
It probably has got one but have you got a front intake? this is quite crucial in smaller cases.

You also want negative pressure in the case for dust and heat reasons. Note the total CFM of the exhaust fans (you will find this on the packaging) should be more than the total intake.

One thing to note is your voltages, they are high. I am not very experienced at overclocking/undervolting AMD chips so I won't try and advise anymore, they changed to much in recent years.

Solution

joec_10

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
ya Thanks I'm saving up for a better Cpu for my birth day I only got 2 fans in it so far one in the back pushing Air onto the cpu in the front is a Exhaust I think. I'm going put a side panel fan pushing Air in then a Exhaust pulling Air out on the top if you need me to switch any around let me no thanks again

InvalidError

Titan

POSITIVE pressure (intake > exhaust, resulting in a slight pressure buildup inside the case) is the setup you want to have when you aim to control dust intake by filtering intake fans so clean(er) air from the slightly pressurized case will be oozing out any cracks instead of sucking dust in. Positive case pressure also helps GPUs get their hot air out their bracket exhaust with case pressure channeling hot air towards the nearest opening instead of sucking it back as would be the case in a negative pressure setup.

But with filters hindering intake airflow, you need 2-3 filtered intake fans for each same-size and same-speed exhaust fan to maintain positive pressure and those filters need to be cleaned regularly.

joec_10

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
ya thanks for all the tips I'm going be getting a hyper 212 now i know it can fit inside my case also might be getting a Radeon 6870 since the one i have now is not bottel necking any thing so I can prob upgrade with out any trouble I'm waiting on a fan controller and x4 more fans they should be here next few weeks stupid egg saver lol.

So back fan 120m or 80m Exhaust two top fans 120m Exhaust side fan intake in front fan exhaust? im not worry about the 80m fan near my psu not enough room.

InvalidError

Titan

Usually, it would be front or any openings with filters as intakes, rear or top exhaust, remaining fan positions either unused or exhaust.

InvalidError

Titan

Filtered top fan mounts are unusual since it goes against natural convection and the common wisdom of wanting to get the hottest air away from the hottest components (CPU and VRM) as quickly and efficiently as possible. In most cases, filtered intakes are either at the bottom or front of the case to give natural convection a boost.

Latest posts