"Site Unavailable" when making forum posts

randomizer

Champion
We're discussing it internally at the moment. A number of moderators have been running into the same problem lately. We're still trying to track down a consistent way to reproduce the problem, so if you can provide exact steps as to how you ran into it that would be helpful. After all, there are a number of ways to make a post :)

OK, here are some particulars:

- I use FF4, sometimes the Beta, but most often the latest nightly build, on Windows 7.
- In 90% of cases, I use the Quick Reply box when responding to a post, as I'm doing this very moment.

Can't think of much else, to be honest. I will try and figure out if there is a discernible pattern.

EDIT: Posting just now worked perfectly, as does quick editing the post.

And it's been going on for a while I think. It does seem to be somewhat random. Perhaps related to the overall load on the servers? Background housekeeping activities?

Or maybe it's got some type of radar that's sensitive to someone getting ready to post a longer than average reply? Very annoying to have a five or six paragraph reply hang up and then disappear in a Site Unavailable message.

I've been paranoid enough to start posting a reply in a couple short posts instead of just 1 long post. And I try to remember to copy a long reply to the clipboard before I hit the submit button.

Look familiar guys.

SiteUnavailable.jpg

In my case it's definitely still happening.

Happens in Win7 (Win7 is a fresh installation) and WinXP, with IE8, Firefox, or Pale Moon.

Clearing browser history and cookies does not solve it.

Happens with any type new text input, Quoted Reply, Add a Reply, Quick Reply, or Full Edit, does not happen with Quick Edit.

Best livable work around hit the Browser Back Arrow, if you refresh while the white screen is showing, it will post your message each time you refresh, very irritating!

Sometimes the back arrow does not solve it and I have to completely close and reopen the browser, that's extremely inconvenient when your time is limited you can invest here.

For me this has been happening about 3 weeks now. Ryan

Latest posts