Does this resemble a GPU bottleneck?

mob-barley

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
System specs

Hd5770 oc to 925/1350 max stable for me

Amd Athlon ii x4 2.9ghz

8gb ddr3 1333mhz

oem hp motherboard (hp Pavillion p6610f)

I ran the Crysis benchmark at very high settings 2xaa 1280x1024 and got. 66.68 seconds 29.99fps on the second loop
I changed the resolution to 1680x1050 same settings and got. 87.45 seconds 22.87fps seconds loop.

Msi Afterburner showed 100% gpu usage during the entire benchmark.

Does this look like a Gpu bottleneck to you guys?
I was thinking my Cpu would be a bottleneck because of its lack of L3 cache.

Thanks in advance

your video card is slow and only has 1gig vram. Your processor is slow and has no L3 cache. You can run that game on high with your current settings. first thing I would cut back is motion blur ( turn off ) and then make adjustments as I went along. And make sacrifices in the resolution settings. you can make adjustments to your virtual ram but it's not going to help.

You dont really have a bottleneck, in crysis you will see improvements from both faster cpu and GPU, but the GPU plays a bigger part in performance in crysis. Turn off AA. Generally, to determine a gpu bottleneck, if you lower the resolution, and speed increases, you are GPU bound. If you lower the resolution, and not much happens, then you are CPU bound.

cuecuemore

Distinguished

+1

The theory is that you should be GPU bottlenecked, which you are, so congratulations!