WTH?!?! xflop 1.5 full circle final design not even close ..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Whoo-wee!!! M$ just RECENTLY contracted with SiS to DESIGN the South
Bridge chip for the xflop 1.5 full circle. This isn't manufacturing,
this is design. This is truly bizarre, they are still designing at this
stage. This just gets funnier and funnier as the weeks go by. The xflop
1.5 full circle was already looking like garbage but this thing is
really going to be slapped together in a rushed panic. Stop it, you are
killing me, I am laughing so hard my sides are splitting.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can see the brilliant planning that is going
on, "Doh, we need a South Bridge chip. Anybody gots one of dem we can
cram in dis?".

http://news.cens.com/php/getnews.php?file=/news/2005/08/02/20050802014.htm&daily=1

Microsoft contracts SiS to design south-bridge chip for its Xbox360
game consoles

Taipei, Aug. 2, 2005 (CENS)--Microsoft Corp. recently contracted
Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS), an affiliate of silicon-foundry
supplier United Microelectronics Corp. (UMC), to design south-bridge
chip for its Xbox360 game machines.

The chips will be made with 0.15-micron process at UMC's 200-mm
silicon-wafer fabrication factories, making them a major revenue earner
at UMC next quarter. With the contract, SiS becomes first Taiwanese
chip designer to lay out chips for Xbox360 machines. The contract is
estimated to help boost SiS's shipment of south-bridge chips to multi
million units a month in the fourth quarter.

Microsoft contracted Intel and Nvidia to supply chips for its
first-generation Xbox machines. As to its Xbox360 products, Microsoft
has signed up SiS to design south-bridge chip for it and designs
north-bridge chip based on patents licensed from ATI on its own. Taiwan
Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC), UMC's primary rival, has been
contracted to produce north-bridge chips for the machines.
Microprocessors in the second-generation game machines will come from
International Business Machines (IBM).

SiS posted gross margin of 35.6% last quarter, hitting another new high
in 10 quarters. In first quarter this year, the company's margin was
31.43%. Throughout last half, the company had gross margin of 33.52%,
compared with 34.1% it registered in the same period of last year.

In the first half this year, the company reported after-tax net income
of NT$434 million (US$14 million at US$1:NT$31) on revenue of NT$4.9
billion (US$158 million). In the comparable period of last year, the
company saw a loss of NT$1.4 billion (US$45 million).

Taiwanese industry watchers pointed out that Microsoft decides to
design north-bridge chip for its Xbox360 machines and contract TSMC to
build the chips considering the unsmooth sales of its first-generation
Xbox machines because of high costs on chips it contracted directly
from designers.

Ryan

Blig Merk wrote:
> Whoo-wee!!! M$ just RECENTLY contracted with SiS to DESIGN the South
> Bridge chip for the xflop 1.5 full circle. This isn't manufacturing,
> this is design. This is truly bizarre, they are still designing at this
> stage. This just gets funnier and funnier as the weeks go by. The xflop
> 1.5 full circle was already looking like garbage but this thing is
> really going to be slapped together in a rushed panic. Stop it, you are
> killing me, I am laughing so hard my sides are splitting.
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can see the brilliant planning that is going
> on, "Doh, we need a South Bridge chip. Anybody gots one of dem we can
> cram in dis?".
>
> http://news.cens.com/php/getnews.php?file=/news/2005/08/02/20050802014.htm&daily=1
>
> Microsoft contracts SiS to design south-bridge chip for its Xbox360
> game consoles
>
> Taipei, Aug. 2, 2005 (CENS)--Microsoft Corp. recently contracted
> Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS), an affiliate of silicon-foundry
> supplier United Microelectronics Corp. (UMC), to design south-bridge
> chip for its Xbox360 game machines.
>
> The chips will be made with 0.15-micron process at UMC's 200-mm
> silicon-wafer fabrication factories, making them a major revenue earner
> at UMC next quarter. With the contract, SiS becomes first Taiwanese
> chip designer to lay out chips for Xbox360 machines. The contract is
> estimated to help boost SiS's shipment of south-bridge chips to multi
> million units a month in the fourth quarter.
>
> Microsoft contracted Intel and Nvidia to supply chips for its
> first-generation Xbox machines. As to its Xbox360 products, Microsoft
> has signed up SiS to design south-bridge chip for it and designs
> north-bridge chip based on patents licensed from ATI on its own. Taiwan
> Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC), UMC's primary rival, has been
> contracted to produce north-bridge chips for the machines.
> Microprocessors in the second-generation game machines will come from
> International Business Machines (IBM).
>
> SiS posted gross margin of 35.6% last quarter, hitting another new high
> in 10 quarters. In first quarter this year, the company's margin was
> 31.43%. Throughout last half, the company had gross margin of 33.52%,
> compared with 34.1% it registered in the same period of last year.
>
> In the first half this year, the company reported after-tax net income
> of NT$434 million (US$14 million at US$1:NT$31) on revenue of NT$4.9
> billion (US$158 million). In the comparable period of last year, the
> company saw a loss of NT$1.4 billion (US$45 million).
>
> Taiwanese industry watchers pointed out that Microsoft decides to
> design north-bridge chip for its Xbox360 machines and contract TSMC to
> build the chips considering the unsmooth sales of its first-generation
> Xbox machines because of high costs on chips it contracted directly
> from designers.

You make me feel mentally sound.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

<insert nonsensical LOL here>!!! Oh, this one really makes me laugh.
The MOVIE trailer of the game DEMO scenes, not actual gameplay? This is
the one they showed on Attack of the Show the other day and had to
APOLOGIZE FOR THE STUTTERING DURING PLAYBACK AS THE MOVIE OF THE DEMO
SCENE WAS SHOWING THE STUTTERING AS IT WAS BEING GRABBED OFF THE DEVKIT
TO MAKE THE TRAILER. REPEAT, THE DEMO SCENE WAS STUTTERING COMING OFF
THE DEVKIT WHEN THEY MADE THE MOVIE TRAILER. There are even comments on
that site's forum from people blaming their PC for stuttering playback
of the movie when the stuttering was in the movie. Then, that site
shows you screenshots of the SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM AS IF IT WAS
SUPPOSED TO BE THE xflop 1.5 full circle. It is so ironic that you
xflop fanfairies are the ones behind this "prerender" bullshit, and
then can't even recognize ACTUAL "PRERENDER" OR MORE ACCURATELY,
SOFTWARE RENDER SCENES. Several of those "screenshots" are SOFTWARE
RENDERED ON THE SOFTWARE TOOL, NOT THE xflop 1.5 full circle. They are
blatantly showing you examples from the development software, XSI
running on a PC AND YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO RECOGNIZE THAT!!! Look at the
Menu across the top. Notice the Menu item that says RENDER? Gawd, you
xflop fanfairies are stupid.<insert nonsensical LOL here>!!!

These are XSI screenshots:

http://www.bizarreonline.net/img/screenshots/pgr3/10.jpg

http://www.bizarreonline.net/img/screenshots/pgr3/09.jpg

The rest of those stills are XSI software rendered, the movie trailer
is obviously hardware rendered and less clear and sharp as the software
rendered stills:

http://www.bizarreonline.net/img/screenshots/pgr3/13.jpg

Zackman wrote:

> ..."Gordon and G-Man"...

I miss that show. I hope TV Land acquires syndication rights.

Blig Merk wrote:
> Whoo-wee!!! M$ just RECENTLY contracted with SiS to DESIGN the South
> Bridge chip for the xflop 1.5 full circle. This isn't manufacturing,
> this is design. This is truly bizarre, they are still designing at this
> stage. This just gets funnier and funnier as the weeks go by. The xflop
> 1.5 full circle was already looking like garbage but this thing is
> really going to be slapped together in a rushed panic. Stop it, you are
> killing me, I am laughing so hard my sides are splitting.
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can see the brilliant planning that is going
> on, "Doh, we need a South Bridge chip. Anybody gots one of dem we can
> cram in dis?".

They contracted them ages ago - announcing i via PR has just happened,
good try though.

--
Byron Hinson
My Photography