XP streamlining, what can safely be not installed?

I'm having a computer custom built for dedicated personal use, at home day
trading. I only want neccessary components for my needs. What parts of XP can
safely be left out with a custom install. I have been told up to 40
components are not necessary, and I want to know what they are.
Thank You

Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
(integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

Information on AutoStreamer 1.0
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=188337&st=0&#entry245

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"drjerry" wrote:

| I'm having a computer custom built for dedicated personal use, at home day
| trading. I only want neccessary components for my needs. What parts of XP can
| safely be left out with a custom install. I have been told up to 40
| components are not necessary, and I want to know what they are.
| Thank You

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:45:01 -0700, "drjerry"
<drjerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm having a computer custom built for dedicated personal use, at home day
>trading. I only want neccessary components for my needs. What parts of XP can
>safely be left out with a custom install. I have been told up to 40
>components are not necessary, and I want to know what they are.
>Thank You
Have a look here:
http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html

§kullywag©-