I just bought a dell xps 8300 and it only has 1 16xpcie but 3 1x slots
the video card I currently have on it is a GT545 was wondering if i could buy this radeon 5450 and put it in the 1x slot to get up to 5 monitors? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... thanks abunch would help not to familiar with all the new tech in video cards since i've been using a laptop the past 4 years lol
No. There are a lot of reasons why;
1. You cannot mix an AMD/RADEON an a Nvidia card together , they just don't work together.
2. Nvidis cards only support a max of three monitors no matter how many Nvidia cards you put together.
3. You cannot put a x16 video card in a x1 slot , it doesn't fit and it doesn't work in that slot.
4. You need two high end AMD/Radeon cards together in two x16 slots to get 5 monitors to work.
5. x1 slots are only good for sound cards and network cards.