filters for nikkor lenses

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 15, 2005 12:30:24 PM

A little help please...I want to get filters for my nikkor lenses
for D70, have 18-70dx, 70-300g and 50mmD, which have attachment
sizes of 67mm,62mm and 52mm respectively. I obviously want to
minimise the nuber of dupes, so what size should I get..67mm with
step downs to the other 2 sizes, or 62 with one step up and one
down? I presume if I go with 52mm, it will vignette if i try to put
this on the 67 with converters? Thanks to nikkor for making them
all the same filter size :(
I have a range of 72mm filters already for my other camera, would i
be better to step these down? would I need several step down rings
to do this?

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

More about : filters nikkor lenses

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 1:39:07 PM

In article <F-6dnVgQzMRt0xrfRVn-rQ@giganews.com>,
nospamdave@djf-photography.com (Dave) wrote:

> A little help please...I want to get filters for my nikkor lenses
> for D70, have 18-70dx, 70-300g and 50mmD, which have attachment
> sizes of 67mm,62mm and 52mm respectively. I obviously want to
> minimise the nuber of dupes, so what size should I get..67mm with
> step downs to the other 2 sizes, or 62 with one step up and one
> down? I presume if I go with 52mm, it will vignette if i try to put
> this on the 67 with converters? Thanks to nikkor for making them
> all the same filter size :(
> I have a range of 72mm filters already for my other camera, would i
> be better to step these down? would I need several step down rings
> to do this?

> Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

If you want to avoid duplicating filters buy 3 step up rings. 52 to
72mm, 62 to 72mm and 67 to 72mm. Cheaper to buy 3 good, slim step up
rings then new filters + step up rings - or is there another reason you
are asking?

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
May 15, 2005 1:39:08 PM

No, you've hit the nail on the head, Bob, just dont want to have to
buy the same filter over again in different sizes. From what u say,
will be better to get step ups for the corresponding lenses, and
any new filters that I get will then be at the larger size. Thanks
for that.

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 4:10:03 PM

The only inconvenience of step-up rings is you'll want a spare lens cap
at the large size.

Dave wrote:

> No, you've hit the nail on the head, Bob, just dont want to have to
> buy the same filter over again in different sizes. From what u say,
> will be better to get step ups for the corresponding lenses, and
> any new filters that I get will then be at the larger size. Thanks
> for that.

> Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1
san francisco native plants
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:58:47 PM

Are you refering to creative filters or plain UV filters ?
Plain UV filters is a must to protect your investment. a mere $30 for the
67mm multi coated uv filter is nothing compared to your $300 lens.

=bob=

"Dave" <nospamdave@djf-photography.com> wrote in message
>A little help please...I want to get filters for my nikkor lenses
> for D70, have 18-70dx, 70-300g and 50mmD, which have attachment
> sizes of 67mm,62mm and 52mm respectively. I obviously want to
> minimise the nuber of dupes, so what size should I get..67mm with
> step downs to the other 2 sizes, or 62 with one step up and one
> down? I presume if I go with 52mm, it will vignette if i try to put
> this on the 67 with converters? Thanks to nikkor for making them
> all the same filter size :(
> I have a range of 72mm filters already for my other camera, would i
> be better to step these down? would I need several step down rings
> to do this?
May 16, 2005 1:58:48 PM

both creative and UV..got a uv in 67 as soon as got the camera,
didn't want to go out without, but just got the other 2 lenses and
decided was time for the rest..circ polarising, in particular,
couple of effects filters and colour correction that had for other
cam in the 72mm. Although with the white balance feature on the
d70, would I really need to bother with colour correction? I
convert raw to dng and correct WB off a grey card shot. I think the
dng editor in photoshop has pretty much everything required nyway
for taking out basic colou casting.

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
May 17, 2005 1:59:33 AM

> Are you refering to creative filters or plain UV filters ?
> Plain UV filters is a must to protect your investment. a mere $30 for the
> 67mm multi coated uv filter is nothing compared to your $300 lens.

You your $300 lens will end up as a $60 quality lens. So maybe better is
initially to buy $60 lens and safe $270 ;-)

Regards,

K.Polak
!