What type of graphics card can i get for my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
EVGA 01G-P3-1441-KR GeForce GT 440 1024MB (Fermi) DUAL DVI PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card $79.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130612

This card has a minimum psu requirement of 300w so it will run on your system. It will also let you play Skyrim with a fps of about 35 to 40 fps depending on the settings and resolution you choose. If you can get 30fps on a game then it is playable without problems. Since Skyrim scales very well for lower end systems and taxes the cpu and gpu equally to obtain a bit more performance then you could overclock both the cpu and gpu slightly to achieve just a bit more fps. Evga has a nice software called Evga Precision that makes overclocking the gpu very easy. I am not saying you...

DM186

Splendid
I prefer the Nvidia cards but that does not mean that the AMD cards are not as good if not better. With the power supply you have you are looking at GT 440 and I don't know what the AMD card would be. I also Don't know if you can play Skyrim with this card. Someone else would to help you with that. You are limited by the 350w power supply. You might get a lot of stuttering in the games. I know I did with my Dell. I had a 300W power supply and a GT 430 card and I played Age of Empires and Total war games and after about an hour I got bad stuttering. The games I was playing are mild compaired to Shyrim. Anyway I hope this helped in someway. Good luck

EVGA 01G-P3-1441-KR GeForce GT 440 1024MB (Fermi) DUAL DVI PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card $79.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130612

This card has a minimum psu requirement of 300w so it will run on your system. It will also let you play Skyrim with a fps of about 35 to 40 fps depending on the settings and resolution you choose. If you can get 30fps on a game then it is playable without problems. Since Skyrim scales very well for lower end systems and taxes the cpu and gpu equally to obtain a bit more performance then you could overclock both the cpu and gpu slightly to achieve just a bit more fps. Evga has a nice software called Evga Precision that makes overclocking the gpu very easy. I am not saying you have to overclock to the extreme here but just a bit will make some difference if you need it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.