Comcast Norton Security Suite

JimmyB6092

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I will try to keep this short.

Yesterday I decided to do a little upgrade on my computer. I removed one of my WD HDDs and replaced it with a OCZ Agility 3 SSD. At the same time I did a complete fresh install of Windows 7.

Format and partitioning of SSD went fine, it has the current v2.15 firmware.

Windows 7 installed easily, no significant problems.

With Windows installed and running I then install FireFox, install the gigabyte utility disk, and run through several rounds of Windows Update until it couldnt be updated further.

Next up was Comcast Norton Security Suite. After some reading I decide to skip the constant guard program and just use the NSS. NSS installer D/Ls and installs fine.

Problems started when I try to run NSS setup. The setup tool will run and install NSS. After NSS installs I get a screen with a link to explore. At this point NSS shuts down and if I try to reopen it, I get an error saying the framework cannot load. Norton will then run 'One Click Support' and it says my error is 8504. According to Norton this means there is some type of driver preventing Norton from opening.

Norton has been working remotely on my computer for nearly 6 hours and havent gotten any further than I have.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Gigabyte x58a-ud3r mobo
Intel i7-930 running at 2.80ghz
WD Cavier Green 500gig HDD (will have all data not system related if I can ever get that far)
OCZ Agility 3 SSD with 2.15 firmware (bootdrive and system related files such as Norton)
OCZ gold triple channel RAM 6 gig @1333mhz
ATI Radeon 5770 GPU

If you need any further clarification or info please let me know.