I have posted in different German Boards about my problem but after several days noone was able to help me so i take the time to translate my wall of text for you and hope that you can.
I have a Performanceproblem in TERA Online, which is about me getting CPU Spikes between 80-100%. This happens only in TERA and only if i am actually ingame, so i cannot see what is causing this due to the lack of vision on the Task Manager.
These Spikes are causing alot of Stuttering, Framedrops (I will come to this in a minute) and very, very short Freezes.
My CPU in Tera is normaly around this level: 2x 60-80% 2x 30-40% Usage. So it is normaly not even close to these Spikes.
GTX 570 Phantom @ 900/1800/2000
i5-750 @ 3,4 GHZ
1920*1080 120 HZ Display (Changed - No effect, sadly only thing i can change)
8 GB DDR 3 RAM
160GB SSD + 2x HDD which are inactive most of the time and do not get started while playing tera
Win 7 Ultimate x 64
Xonar DX Soundcard
G15 Keyboard (with most up 2 date driver)
500 Watt Enermax Power Supply
My System is around a week old. I've formated it cause I got these problems before and hoped it could have erased them which is not the case, sadly.
All Drivers are up2date as far as i know (maybe take a look at the dxdiag at the bottom to doublecheck) this includes GeForce @ Beta, Chipset, Bios, Sound, Logitech Software, etc.
My Graphiccard Driver is @ default settings except of Maximum Powersettings. It does not change a thing if Physx is on CPU/ GPU, still stuttering.
Temperatures are stressed around 75° for my CPU and 70° for my GTX (benched) with rommteperature of around 25° while testing.
My Case and every component of my PC is cleaned perfectly so dust is no problem.
I haven't used any so called "Tunning Tools" which could have messed up any windows settings or so.
Some things that i already tryed and all failed:
- Updating Logitech Driver for G15 ( + Disabeling any displayed things)
- OC CPU / GPU
- Various ini Tweaks
- All possibily Graphicsettings ingame
- Disabeling MSE and MS-Firewall
- Deactivating all sounddrivers except of my soundcard
- Playing with and without Aero
- Disabeling every powersaving feature on my CPU in the Bios
- Formated C
- Deactivated Sound in BIOS
- Various Driver Settings in my GPU Driver
I also had this exact problem in APB but not in the scale of the video but still, pretty similar, so i think of a U3-Problem with my hardware atm the moment.
It is also most noticable if some random character i have never seen before get's into the screen and rendered which was likely similar in APB which in itself leads me to the asumption that I have problems with the streaming of data which the U3-Engine uses. Which is kinda my last resort and last guess after trying so much
I just wanna play on 120 fps without stuttering
What it looks like in the task Manager right after login:
Soo... i guess that's all i can provide you with and now it's just waiting and trying everything you can possibly tell me to do.
I really appreciate your help cause i am kinda sad that nothing works and while in APB it was "okish" it's absolutly anoying in TERA right now.
Edit: Oh yesh i forgot to mention that it is also happening if nothing is OC'ed at all.
1) It is not my internet connection, I play SC2 and CSS here and there and they are both very fragile to connection problems and lags or packet loss. They run very smooth and do not have any lag spikes or sth similar in any game.
2) The following drivers are up 2 date:
- FIRMWARE of my SSD
- GTX 570 is runing @ newest beta but the neweest whql driver is also not changing anything
- Network driver
- Display driver
- Logitech Driver
- Xai Driver
- Xonar Driver
- Chipset Driver
- Intel rapid storage thingy
- Also flash, shockwave, itunes, chrome etc.
These are all up 2 date, maybe i missed sth i cannot see atm?
3) My temps are fine: around 60 for my cpu while playing and around 60-65 for my GPU.
4) Yes Tera can not utilize a quad core that much and is "optimized" for dual core. But I think that my CPU should run it smooth anyway. All power saving / throtteling options in the BIOS are off. Dunno if there are more elsewhere.
That's weird i play Tera on Beta, and it was normal for me. Here is my config ( it's 2 yrs i3 entry laptop ):
-i3 M330 2.13Ghz (4CPUs)
-ATI mobility Radeon HD4350
-3GB of soDimm DDR3
-Internet connection ~0.9 - 1.1mb
I was playing on low-medium setting of course. I saw your video, it appears to me as the problem is with the system ( not your internet connection ).
Hope this helps.
PS: what branch is your SSD ? some SSD might has firmware issue.