Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
My computer monitor just made lines that were red, blue, white, silver and green in random order and there was also a beeeep that just kept on going in my speakers. Sometimes my computer would just go black randomly too, it's a new computer that I built by myself and the monitor is the same as the one I used on my old computer. My old computer didn't do this. It happened when I was watching videos off the internet. When I reset the computer it ask to start on window safe mode or normal and such while the desktop looks like it goes back to normal but at random times something will happen usually in 1-4 hours. Any idea as to why it does that and what's it's problem?

Solution
yeah that was my first suggestion. re-seat.
If the problem is gone then there is nothing wrong with your card. sometimes it happens and chances are they will just test it, find it good and send it back.
If the golden contacts seem discolored use a soft white pencil eraser and rub them gently. If you want to be 100% sure then go on with the RMA, you can never tell what went wrong or if it ever is going to come back or if it is even detectable by the company.
best of luck

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

I constantly leave my hardware monitor on and i get about 37-40 degree C for my GPU and my cpu's go 42-44 degree C.
I don't think the temps are that high.
I have a 560 ti and i7 2600k.

That is no guarantee of anything, sadly. The sensors aren't all over the card and the programs aren't guaranteed to read everything correctly.

I wouldn't rule it out completely at this point.

That being said, how did the safe mode thing work out?

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

I tried safe mode for a day and it didn't black out then come back or get random lines and go beep non stop yet but it also does that when I'm in the normal mode too right now. sometimes it doesn't happen for a few days too.

The biggest problem, when you in the middle of some of the important thing is to create an important document in MS Word or use your online bank account, your computer becomes too slow, or just hangs.Most Nero or Photoshop and other advanced applications require a computer a faster RAM.

I don't notice my computer slowing down when I'm using anything (ex. gaming, videos, solid works and etc) it just black out then come back or get random lines and go beep non stop.

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

It did a black screen again, I just noticed this always seem to happen on firefox and doesn't when I'm doing other things.

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

ya it was safmode and yes i'm in hdmi. Also just wondering if flash player could be a problem as it always happens when I do something that requires flash player and whenever it doesn't give an error for firefox my computer will auto close flash.

I'll try a different browser and see if that happens and if then I'll try the dvi.

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

I also did an update and when you mean re-seat the card do you mean I should take my graphics card out and then put it back in?

I'm trying it out in internet explorer 7. or should I get chrome?

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I didn't really get much time to do stuff on my computer but I finally have some time now and I noticed that the problem happened more frequently now.

I decided to change my graphics card with an old one I have. It's been a few hours and the black screen and such hasn't occurred yet. Can we conclude that the problem was my graphics card? and should I call about the warranty for my 560 ti or is there another way?

qwerty123z

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

I sent them an RMA but I also switched the card back to the 560 ti and I've gone about 2 days now without the problem, should I still send it back? or was re-seating the card the fix?

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
yeah that was my first suggestion. re-seat.
If the problem is gone then there is nothing wrong with your card. sometimes it happens and chances are they will just test it, find it good and send it back.
If the golden contacts seem discolored use a soft white pencil eraser and rub them gently. If you want to be 100% sure then go on with the RMA, you can never tell what went wrong or if it ever is going to come back or if it is even detectable by the company.
best of luck

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.