Sign in with
Your question

PSU motherboard connector not coming out?

Last response: in Components
May 5, 2012 5:52:03 PM

Im installing a Antec ECO 620w on my gaming build and replacing my 400w, however the large 2x10 motherboard connector isnt coming out. I push on the pin thing thats supposed to let it come out, and the tutorial Im using said that doing this should make it use no force, however I cant pull it out no matter the force I use.
How can I get it out?
a c 158 ) Power supply
May 5, 2012 6:19:16 PM

On one side of the plug there is a retainer clasp that snaps onto a lip on the connector on the mobo....are you making sure that you releasing this clasp?
m
l
a c 157 ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
a c 487 V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 1:17:21 AM

When you squeeze the release tab on the one side, be sure the lever has let go of the locking nub. Then gently wiggle the connector from end to end as you pull up. Not side to side. You can also use a small thin flat bladed screwdriver to gently pry between the connector and the socket to free the two halves if it still refuses to budge.
m
l
Related resources
May 6, 2012 3:14:06 AM

Thanks for the help. It was the first time I ever worked on a computer so I was worried. I gently used a thin blade to wedge it out. I installed the Antec ECO NEO 620w and it works fine. The cords were a complete mess the first time I did it, but I redid them twice and its realitively organized. Any tips would be helpful, but for now im good
m
l
a c 157 ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
a c 487 V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 3:15:55 PM

illegalrugalah said:
Thanks for the help. It was the first time I ever worked on a computer so I was worried. I gently used a thin blade to wedge it out. I installed the Antec ECO NEO 620w and it works fine. The cords were a complete mess the first time I did it, but I redid them twice and its realitively organized. Any tips would be helpful, but for now im good

LOL... yes, cable management can be a very time consuming project. Especially if you're are a bit of a perfectionist. I spend more time on cable management than I do with the rest of the build.
m
l
!