Sign in with
Your question

Running into some issues with my new system

Last response: in Systems
January 23, 2012 1:48:52 AM

So I had my system for a few months now. I'm running into some weird issues. Firstly when I plug my wired controller into any usb slot it will work. But if I leave it plugged in for a long time the xbox circle for the signal will keep going in a circle and the system wont detect a controller until I unplug the controller and put it back in. This has become really annoying. Another problem is if I restart the system or try to attempt to start it up with a controller plugged in, it will never boot up and freezes at the mobo flash screen. This only happens with a controller plugged in.

Another issue I have is if I leave the computer on for a while it doesn't go into the screen saver and instead it goes to sleep. So I have to press the power button to wake up the desktop again.

Any ideas what the problem is here?

More about : running issues system

a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2012 2:13:24 AM

You are using an x-box controller with the pc? You have to go into the power management screen to set the options whether or not to go to sleep and you have to go into display properties to set the screen saver.
m
l
January 23, 2012 2:18:20 AM

inzone said:
You are using an x-box controller with the pc? You have to go into the power management screen to set the options whether or not to go to sleep and you have to go into display properties to set the screen saver.

I didn't realize that this is what Windows does by default. Weird that they would. Well I changed that now, thanks. But what about my issues with the controller? It's the razr 360 controller.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2012 4:01:09 AM

Have you loaded the drivers and are they updated. It does sound like the device is conflicting with something. If you go into the action center and click on the troubleshooter it should find any problems that you are having.
m
l
January 23, 2012 4:14:21 AM

But if I unplug the controller and plug it back in it loads the drivers fine and the spinning circle turns into the solid left piece of the 360 logo on the controller. Right now it just spins and spins, doesn't detect a controller. This always happens after a while of not using the controller and it being plugged in. There's also the issue of the system crashing on the mobo splash screen if I start the system with the controller plugged in.
m
l
January 23, 2012 7:53:33 PM

Did it install the default XBox controller drivers ? Might also make sure your usb drivers are up to date.
m
l
January 23, 2012 8:20:40 PM

My usb drivers are up to date. Everything has up to date drivers.
m
l
January 23, 2012 9:22:49 PM

See if you have the same problem in other USB ports. Borrow another 360 controller if you can to rule out a controller issue. As far your PC freezing at the splash screen, you might want to try disabling booting from a USB device in the BIOS, it may be trying to access the controller as a storage device for some strange reason.
m
l
January 30, 2012 10:59:37 PM

Just wanted to say that this has been solved. The issue was my wireless adapter for my mouse and keyboard. I don't understand it myself. But I unplugged the adapter and plugged it into the usb at the back of the computer instead of the front where my controller is, and my system no longer has this issue. Weird that this was causing the issue, it doesn't make any sense to me.
m
l
!