Sign in with
Your question

Advices need for building a $800 for photoshop / lightroom

Last response: in Systems
January 23, 2012 1:53:13 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: imminent, once a configuration has been set

Budget Range: 800 Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Lightroom, photoshop // multitasking, browsing internet, video viewing, general office applications // Gaming performance Not important

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, may re-use a SeaSonic S12 SS-430HB-OB 430W power supply if found to be compatible and 430W is deemed sufficient. Already have a 2TB hard drive for data storage, only need one system drive.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: would highly prefer stuff available from microcenter (http://www.microcenter.com/) since a friend of my works there and may give me some discount.

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Additional Comments:

I'm an amateur photographer and found editing photo with lightroom / photoshop to occupy the most of my computer time. Application like lightroom, photoshop, and acdsee is running sluggish on my old computer. I've recently purchased a Dell XPS 8300 (around $800, i7 2600, 6gb 1333 ram, ati hd 6670) for my father and have tried that computer. I'm very satisfied with the speed image processing and general application runs on the xps 8300, want to get a similar system for myself, but felt I can get more out of my money by building one on my own, and also would like some expandability, like some extra SATA port, or usb 3.0 support, etc. The main goal is to get a PC within the budget that will give me the most smooth and fast running lightroom / photoshop. additional processing power for occasional video processing would be preferred too. I rarely play games nowdays so no overclocking or SLI required. Although microcenter have a much smaller inventory than newegg, I'd prefer to get stuff available from their site since I have a friend who work there and may be able to give me some discount. Any advice, especially on motherboard, processor, ram and video card is appreciated. Thanks!

More about : advices building 800 photoshop lightroom

January 23, 2012 2:12:52 AM

i7 2600 (non "K")
MSi P67A-GD65 (B3) or MSi Z68-GD80 (G3)
G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz KIT (x2 of these kit of 16GB)
Sapphire HD 6950 (2GB) or the MSi N560GTX-Ti Twin FrozrII/OC 2GB
Crucial 128GB SSD (get 2 of these for Raid 0) for fast stuff or the corsair ones
or get 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black (or 3TB) or you can use the HDD as storage,
Corsair AX850W 80PLUS Gold or the Seasonic X850W 80PLUS Gold, they are too much for the current setup above but it is very OPEN for future upgrades and everything, you might go SLI in the future who knows, or whatnot, and it's better than having to buy another PSU and dump the one you have in the basement or something, going to put links later
m
l
!