Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Search function

Tags:
  • Feature Requests
  • Tom's Hardware
Last response: in Forum Feedback
February 13, 2011 5:49:02 PM

I was told my post was removed, i cant find it, and now i cant even find a "Search" function upon this site!

Anyone know any way i can find my post?

More about : search function

February 13, 2011 5:50:38 PM

Hold up, i just read another post...

Apparently that little search box at the top of the screen is the search function??

Seriously? One of the best Hardware forums on the net and that the search function? Surely there has to be another way?
February 13, 2011 9:22:11 PM

There is a new software platform in the works. We haven't seen it yet, but we're hoping for a much improved search feature. :) 
Related resources
February 13, 2011 9:38:56 PM

aford10 said:
There is a new software platform in the works. We haven't seen it yet, but we're hoping for a much improved search feature. :) 

Cool. I cant wait to see it. I think im just going to repost my question on the system forum, as the mod for my post doesn't seem to be answering! :S

Thanks again though :) 
February 14, 2011 12:24:18 AM

dragonfyr said:
Hold up, i just read another post...

Apparently that little search box at the top of the screen is the search function??

Seriously? One of the best Hardware forums on the net and that the search function? Surely there has to be another way?

If you think it's bad now, you should have seen it before. :lol: 

Is this the thread? http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304910-31-need-help
February 14, 2011 12:04:52 PM

The OP's used to get an email informing them where their thread had been moved to, is no longer happening?
February 15, 2011 11:37:36 AM

Mousemonkey said:
The OP's used to get an email informing them where their thread had been moved to, is no longer happening?

No mate. I got a note on here (inbox) saying it had been moved ^^. And an email just to say come to the forum as I had that msg waiting. I may of received an email saying it had been moved, but there wasn't any links to where it had gone :/ /

Thanks
February 15, 2011 10:04:43 PM

Click on your username, then click on the link that says "Access to the whole list of his/her messages". From there it's self-explanatory :) 
February 16, 2011 4:54:57 AM

randomizer said:
Click on your username, then click on the link that says "Access to the whole list of his/her messages". From there it's self-explanatory :) 

I did! And this was the site's reply...

Quote:
Sorry, no answer could be found!

Back to previous page

I may not be great with the hardware of pc's, but im not retarded :) 
February 16, 2011 12:00:08 PM

You may want to try in both, the US, and UK servers. Sometimes members get bounced to or from one or the other. You can change by clicking the arrow next to the flag in the top right corner.
February 16, 2011 10:14:27 PM

Ah yes, the UK site. It won't work on that for whatever reason, only on the US site. See if you can log in to http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ without getting redirected back to the UK site. It works much better.