Laptop motherboard repair

ostyn

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hello,i cant open any games because it keeps telling me that my video card does not meet the minimum requirements gpu:shader 2.0

warhead0

Distinguished
No need for repairing anything, the video card inside your laptop is not strong enough to play your game.

And I would not recommend buying a new GPU for your laptop, they are very expensive, and generally not worth the money.

Most laptops can't even get their graphics upgraded, only really high end gaming laptops can do that. Since he can't run a ShaderModel 2.0 game, I doubt he has one of those. You're going to need a new laptop to play any modern game. The graphics on your laptop don't support features necessary for modern games to run.

I would very much doubt its upgradable anyway. Take a look on the website for the chipset as you may be lucky and find that there is a firmware update that will add support for SM 2.0. Its an outside chance but worth checking.

Let me know what exactly you have if your not confident enough to check what is what and i will look it up for you.

Mactronix :)