Best 120hz 3D monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hey all,

I am looking for an awesome 3D monitor for ghost free 3D gaming and some stereoscopic 3D animation/editing. (I have decided on using the NVIDIA 3D Vision technology)

Can anyone tell me from experience which one is the best available at the moment.

I'm not in a rush to buy so should I wait for the next generation of these displays to arrive next year or is it likely they will not get better for a while?

Dual DVI is a must but display port would be nice.

Looking for a size no less that 27"

Thanks for any help

:)

Solution
You are right Trist, that new ASUS VG278 is going to be a big improvement on all the monitors. I don't have it myself, but I've seen reviews and it looks amazing.

Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I think I'll wait till the "ASUS VG278H" comes out in Australia next year. It sports the 3D Vision 2 and LightBoost technologies which look to me like a big improvement on the old.

Anyone in the States have this display yet? I would love to hear some real reviews!

Thanks.

I wonder if anyone has tried the Nvidia Vision 2 glasses with the older 3D monitors. One of the issues with older glasses is they can let an lot of light in even when blackened. That means that even if the monitor is perfect, you may see some ghosting.

I'm curious if the new glasses will help with that.

ice429

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

+1 i have this monitor. i work at a certain retail store. we had the asus VG278, samsung S27A750 and LG 32" TV against each other with Crysis 2 3D and Skyrim 2D->3D. the samsung was the best IMHO

PS: We had the Asus for Demo purpose from our supplier

Can you use 3D vision with the Samsung? If so, was it done through DVI or did you have to use Tridef 3D?

If you are limited to Tridef 3D, and that means no SLI support, while the other can use SLI.

ice429

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

we were running the display port. The samsung support both 3D vision and the ATi 3d. as for multiple monitors, use 1 hdmi and 1 DP for 2 screens. but thats the max. to get 3 or more you need the S27A950. I personally use the DP on my screen with a 6970

I assume the Nvidia support goes through DVI, but that is good to know. A monitor that supports both might be a good way to go.

Now the other question is, did you use the ASUS on an Nvidia system to see Nvidia Vision 2 in action? Or was that also played on a 6970?

ice429

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

our test bench was a toshiba qosmio X770/00X laptop and HP Phoenix. Both had 3D vision 1. sorry. we have no vision 2 in our stock

and the S27A750 only has Display port and hdmi. no DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS