I want to build a rig with a Thermaltake VL90001W2Z Armor A90 Black ATX Case, Corsair TX850W Power Supply, Corsair CWCH100 Hydro H100 CPU Liquid Cooler, ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 TUF Edition Motherboard, Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40 GHz Quad-Core Unlocked CPU, EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 Video Card, Creative Labs 70SB104000000 Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card, Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengeance 16GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM, OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-120G Agility 3 Series Solid State Drive - 120GB, Seagate ST32000641AS Barracuda XT Hard Drive - 2TB, and an Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Internal 12x Blu-Ray Burner. If there are any parts that can be replaced with better/cheaper ones (as in having the same or better capabilities, but at a better or equal price. I am planning on over clocking so if I need more cooling than please make some suggestions. I would also like to keep the rig at no more than $2,200. It's my first time trying this so I want to get it right, so feel free to critique all you want.
- Ditch the sound card, you don't need it.
- Drop the RAM to 8GB instead of 16GB.
- The 580 is a good choice but if you can get one try to go for the Radeon 7970.
- Don't get the Sabertooth - I hate the plastic covers on everything. The P8Z68-Pro would be a better choice.
- Drop the CPU to the i5-2500K - it's the same CPU (sans hyperthreading) for $100 cheaper. Invest the difference in a better case (try something like the Corsair Carbide 500R).
i5 2500K (if over clocking)
i5 2400 (if not overclocking)
gtx560ti 2gb/ gtx580 3gb
msi z68A-gd80 (g3/gen 3)
16gb ram is good for self satisfaction about seeing your memory usage below 30% if you don't care get 8gb instead
crucial or corsair SSD are good so far on my system i only used 2 crucial 128gb and 4 corsair force gt 120gb on different system and all are working great