~$2000 Gaming Build-Need Suggestions!

Yender

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: Well, no exact date, really. By that I mean I could buy everything and build next week, next month... or even next year if it would be worth waiting for new releases (Ivy Bridge, Kepler, etc). One of the main things I'd like to hear a few opinions on. :D Not in a hurry by any means.

Budget Range: Anywhere in the 1500-2k range. Honestly, as long as it isn't too far over 2k, it's fine.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (<definitely priority #1, games include: Skryim, BF3, Witcher 2, Metro 2033, SWTOR, etc) followed by listening to music on headphones through an amp/dac, and watching movies, browsing the web.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard/mouse/speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg/Amazon.. doesn't really matter as long as they are reliable, but those two are preferred.

Parts Preferences: Only two things I'm absolutely sure of at this time. Intel CPU and a Seasonic/Corsair/Antec/insert other high end PSU here, heh. I'd also prefer one powerful GPU, no crossfire/SLI (to start off at least). Reason being that I'd like the option to potentially crossfire/sli down the road, or even just upgrade to the next big thing at that time, but if you really believe that sli/crossfire would be more viable and/or future proof at this time, I'm more than willing to listen.

Overclocking: More than likely, yes, although I'm not experienced with this.

SLI or Crossfire: Potentially/likely down the road.

Monitor Resolution: 1920/1080

Additional Comments:

As I said, I'm in no big rush to build this PC (especially if it would be a smart choice to wait until the new processors come out, etc), but if I can build a solid future proof rig today, then I'll get started on ordering everything tomorrow. For now, console gaming can hold me over.

I've pretty much found parts that I believe I'd be happy with, but please don't hesitate to change anything/everything in the build to what YOU would prefer. I'll take every recommendation into consideration and research everything from there, so please, feel free to post a completely different build!

CPU/Case: i5 2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz/Corsair White Graphite Series 600T Computer Case-$380

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB-$560
(Here's where I'm really unsure. It would probably be better to wait for the Kepler line to be released if for no other reason a likely price drop on this card, or am I wrong?)

PSU: SeaSonic X series X-850-$211

SSD: Crucial M4 128GB SSD-$183 or Samsung 830 Series 128GB-$200
(Maybe more speed with the Samsung vs more reliability with the Crucial?)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200-$140

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile-$50

CPU cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO-$45

MoBo: Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3-$122
(I've seen this recommended quite often with similar builds, would also really like suggestions here for other MoBo's)

Optical Drive: Samsung DVD/Bluray Optical Drive-$65

Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P 24-Inch Monitor-$199
(Might just use my 32" HDTV to save some $$$)

Comes out to ~$2,050, wouldn't mind cutting back a bit on that either, though. :p

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Edit: Forgot to include RAM and also would like to note that I do want to be able to play any game I throw at the rig on max with acceptable FPS (never below 30). I'm pretty sure a setup in this range should be able to handle that, though.

Yender

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Nice! Thanks.

Any other suggestions? Really want to be sure on this, and I'd really like a few opinions on whether or not I should wait for Ivy Bridge/Kepler lines to release.

Yender

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hrm, anybody? Not trying to bump my post here, but I'd really, really appreciate some feedback/advice on this before I make my wallet suffer more than it should.

Yender

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, don't think I can go against the Crucial after reading all the reviews.

Thanks for the reply!