mido_51

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
hello i need some help i will upgrade my computer and I'm very confused between using my old cpu :Intel cor2duo e4600 2.40mhz or new athlon x2 250 3.0mhz and i will buy ati 6770 vga card and I'm afraid of the bottleneck issue and i Will play heavy games so what is the best one between the 2 cpu's

If you really mean heavy gaming like BF3, then you'll definitely want a better CPU than either one of those, and you'll want a better GPU than a 6770 too. Those CPU's will be a major bottleneck in most games, and the 6770 isn't really up to "heavy gaming" tasks either.

InvalidError

Titan
As others above stated, for "heavy gaming", you should be looking at i5 if you really mean it and you should aim higher than a 6770 which is almost entry-level now, at least make it a 7770 or if you can stretch your budget $100 further, a 7850.

If an i5-3470 and Radeon 7770 are beyond your budget, you won't be doing "heavy gaming" - at least not by the typical definitions of what that means on hardware enthusiast sites, this would be more of a mid-range gaming setup for casual gamers like me.

rdc85

Honorable
I will stick to your old intel, save the money for new build.
6770 is entry level but if u playing in 768 res, it will good enough...

as the other said u will need a new rig for not botlenecked your games......... (just save the money going to athon not a much of upgrade)

mido_51

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
the problem i go very limited budget and i have a 17 inc screen i think the video card Will handle it very Will i was playing gta iv on mid settings with my old invidia 8400 gs and it wasn't extra fast but it was good so i think this crad Will be good for me but the cpu is the problem icant buy higher than the athlon

mido_51

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
thanks for help guys and i will use my old cpu but i want to know how the athlon is better than the cor2duo and it cost about 60$ and the core2duo cost about 117$ ????

InvalidError

Titan

While the AMD CPUs may be cheaper, you do need to keep in mind that you will also need a new motherboard and probably new RAM (DDR3) as well.

I'd say buy a new GPU (6770, 7770 or better) and save until you can afford i3 or i5.

Upgrading an existing platform to something only marginally better when your budget is tight is pretty much throwing money out the windows.