How assign hotkey to taskbar menu in XP?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel (More info?)

I have created some simple menus of my own. When I click on the correct
place on XP's taskbar they pop up a menu screen (not a window with borders).

They are a bit like the standard Quick Link menu but without visible icons.

-------

How can I assign a hotkey combination to a menu so that it pops up?

Is it possible to do launch the menu by pressing just a single key? For
example: the XP Start menu pops up when the "Win" key is pressed.
3 answers Last reply
More about assign hotkey taskbar menu
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel (More info?)

    To move around the desktop toolbars, Taskbar, Notification Area and the Desktop - press Ctrl + Escape (or the Winkey) to activate Start, Escape to cancel the menu, then Tab and Shift + Tab to the various parts of the screen. Use the arrow keys to move within a section. Winkey + B jumps straight to the System Notification Area. To get a context menu of a blank part of the taskbar use the clock's context menu. Shift + F10 displays the context menu, Space or Enter activates.

    War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
    http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
    "Sammo" <noone@no-where.com> wrote in message news:95646E9F7835FD92F1@127.0.0.1...
    > I have created some simple menus of my own. When I click on the correct
    > place on XP's taskbar they pop up a menu screen (not a window with borders).
    >
    > They are a bit like the standard Quick Link menu but without visible icons.
    >
    > -------
    >
    > How can I assign a hotkey combination to a menu so that it pops up?
    >
    > Is it possible to do launch the menu by pressing just a single key? For
    > example: the XP Start menu pops up when the "Win" key is pressed.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel (More info?)

    "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote:

    > To move around the desktop toolbars, Taskbar, Notification Area
    > and the Desktop - press Ctrl + Escape (or the Winkey) to
    > activate Start, Escape to cancel the menu, then Tab and Shift +
    > Tab to the various parts of the screen. Use the arrow keys to
    > move within a section. Winkey + B jumps straight to the System
    > Notification Area. To get a context menu of a blank part of the
    > taskbar use the clock's context menu. Shift + F10 displays the
    > context menu, Space or Enter activates.

    Can I actually assign a hotkey to one of the taskbar menus?

    Maybe through the registry?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel (More info?)

    Not that I know of. I can tell you how to turn on vertical explorer bars only (closely related to horizontal bars and desktop toolbars).

    "Sammo" <noone@no-where.com> wrote in message news:956591B7C3E41D92F1@127.0.0.1...
    > "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote:
    > >
    > > To move around the desktop toolbars, Taskbar, Notification Area
    > > and the Desktop - press Ctrl + Escape (or the Winkey) to
    > > activate Start, Escape to cancel the menu, then Tab and Shift +
    > > Tab to the various parts of the screen. Use the arrow keys to
    > > move within a section. Winkey + B jumps straight to the System
    > > Notification Area. To get a context menu of a blank part of the
    > > taskbar use the clock's context menu. Shift + F10 displays the
    > > context menu, Space or Enter activates.
    >

    > Can I actually assign a hotkey to one of the taskbar menus?
    >
    > Maybe through the registry?

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP