Which is the best gtx 560 ti ?

creohan

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
OK , guys .. so ... pls help me decide which gtx 560 ti to get :

1) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti Super OC 1GB DDR5 256-bit (1000 mhz cpu clock)

2) Asus GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Top 1GB DDR5 256-bit (900 mhz cpu clock)

3) MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Hawk 1GB DDR5 256-bit (950 mhz clock)

These are my "favorites", but Id buy EVGA/Sparkle/Palit or any other ...

Please tell me which gtx 560 ti u have chosen and why or which do u think ,in ur experience, is the best gtx 560 ti to go ?

Thank very much for ur feedback :)

Going back a bit, when I bought the 1st two for Son No. 3's build, the reviews were all touting the Asus TOP...... others had similar performance but at least in the reviews I had read at the time, the Asus model was OC'ing more than the others and was running cooler than all the others. I was pleased to find that the 1st one went to 1000MHz under OCCT's GPU test w/o even touching the voltage ..... the 2nd required one notch up on the voltage but there was a fan issue. It was rubbing somewhere internally so I RMA'd it for a replacement.

The 2nd one also went to 1000MHz w/o touching the voltage and in SLI (Antec DF-85 / CP-850, Asus WS Revolution, i7-2600k (4.8 GHz) w/Thermalright Silver Arrow, Mushkin CAS 7 DDR3-1600, Vertex 3, Barracuda XT, Plextor Blue Ray). I have built 3 more SLI boxes and two boxes w/ single cards all w/ the same GFX card. Every one has gone over 1000MHz, only two req'd a voltage bump and the smallest one at that.

As much as I like this card however, I wouldn't buy one today.....not with the 560-448 ..... essentially a 560/570 hybrid coming out on tuesday for reportedly the same price.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-s-GTX-560-Ti-448-Core-Get-Detailed-Expected-on-Nov-29-233176.shtml

Maybe you should get gigabyte because it has highest Clock speed, but it is expensive and have highest temperature (i think). ASUS is cheap and, clocked least but cool. MSI is in the middle of those. You decide yourself.

creohan

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

First of all I want to thank you for ur time taken to give me a more detailed information :). Second still , (maybe Im retarded) , I dont get which card did u say u have used to build ur SLI system .. is it the Asus or the Gigabyte ?

Thank you so much for telling me about the new card coming out ... tbh , I was thinking to buy either the "best" gtx 560 ti or the best gtx 570 ... but due to price per quality (and gtx 570 seeming as an overkill to gaming) , I thought to myself why not pick the gtx 560 ti. But now , things just got a whole lot better :d . Thank you :)

TRENDING THREADS