Sign in with
Your question

Crazy Question Building A MAC Laptop

Last response: in Systems
January 23, 2012 5:02:33 PM

Hey i know it may seem crazy but is it possible.. if i get a macbook pro case that i could install pc hackintosh parts in there and run lion from it ? .. i have already done this with a mini atx mobo and core i3 processor and it is running hackintosh... i just want a mac but dont have cash to go all out and get a brand new one!

any chance of this working out? :/ 
a c 92 B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
January 23, 2012 5:05:57 PM

Not possible - most laptops have manufacturer specific hardware that's designed to fit in their cases and every case is different, so there's no standard form factors for laptop hardware, unfortunately.
January 23, 2012 5:09:20 PM

do you think it would be cheaper to buy all the parts? i saw a 13" Late 2008 Macbook logic board for a good price so i could go from there then find a case etc? :(  haha
a c 92 B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
January 23, 2012 5:28:44 PM

videogamingtown said:
do you think it would be cheaper to buy all the parts? i saw a 13" Late 2008 Macbook logic board for a good price so i could go from there then find a case etc? :(  haha

It's still not possible. Every laptop uses a different configuration for the most part which is why laptop specific hardware generally isn't available to the public other than RAM, batteries, and hard drives. Even if you could buy all the hardware there's no way to guarantee it could work properly.
Related resources
!