Power supply problem?

bradorick

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Hi community!

I have been having strange cases of my pc not turning on immediately after pushing the power button, same for the power button on the mainboard so no I don't think the power button on the case is the problem here. The thing is I have been having this for a few days now, have to repeatedly push the power button until the pc turns on as if it was purely random. Checked the LEDs on the mobo and it seems to be supplied with power since the LEDs for power and reset button are on. Can I assume that its not a fried motherboard since when turned on the rig works just fine? It almost seems as if the power supply unit is doing a number on me here. Any help, suggestions for the source of my problem is much appreciated.

bradorick

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
unfortunately no I don't have a spare one at my hands, and if it is any help the onboard power switch is always flashing red even when I manage to power the pc up, just thought I mention that since it seems strange

night wolf

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
it sounds that there isnt a signal going to the psu to start the pc. try looking at the connectors on the motherboard to see if there is a proper connection.

Is there only power to your mobo or is the fans also coming on?
If so then it might be the mobo thats fried if not, the power supply

bradorick

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
nope, neither the fans nor anything else powers up, I am going to check the connectors ans see if theres something wrong thx for the advice

bradorick

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
wow man thanks a lot for the advice, installed a new corsair 850w psu and everything runs as it should again, thanks again :)