Screen stays black until windows 8 login cannot access bios

kpyeatt

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Hello,
I was wondering, I have a Rampage 3 extreme motherboard, recently I installed windows 8 on it unaware of the compatibility issues. Now when I start windows 8, I am unable to access my bios. The screen stays black until the lock screen shows up. I know how to access my bios however, because when I do click the del button and wait while it is dark, and then click f10 and naviagte to the save and exit option (without actually seeing it) it reboots. Do you have any idea what is wrong? I'm really sad about it. It was working last weekend and this weekend, it just now waits until the lock screen, and no, this doesn't have that UEFI crap, I already tried the advanced startup. I'm rather sad about the issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Stealthinator

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
One thing, when posting you should not type out an entire paragraph of text as that discourages people from reading it. You could serperate the text into lines of 2-3 sentences. ;)

Onto your problem. Make sure the bios is updated to the latest version. If that doesn't work, reinstall Windows 8.