Just pre-bought Death Jr.

Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried a
demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by Best
Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD movie
section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried a
> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by
> Best
> Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD movie
> section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.

The latest psm reviewed it. They gave it a 7.5 They said it has some
camera issues and it controls like an fps so a second analog wouldve
been nice. But they gave it a must buy.

I know ill be there on the 16th to buy it. Ive been wanting a new game and
since theres nothing out there right now that interests me ive been waiting
for this. Something original thats not a sports game or racing game.

It looks like a fun story with fun characters. Reminds me of grim fandago.

And about the umd movies. BB is the most expensive though arent they ?

In article <QbzIe.33670$DJ5.26208@trnddc07>, ga@lone.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried a
>> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by
>> Best
>> Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD movie
>> section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.
>>

>The latest psm reviewed it. They gave it a 7.5 They said it has some
>camera issues and it controls like an fps so a second analog wouldve
>been nice. But they gave it a must buy.
>
>I know ill be there on the 16th to buy it. Ive been wanting a new game and
>since theres nothing out there right now that interests me ive been waiting
>for this. Something original thats not a sports game or racing game.
>
>It looks like a fun story with fun characters. Reminds me of grim fandago.
>
>And about the umd movies. BB is the most expensive though arent they ?

Yeah they had high prices on all the umd movies(probably why they have such a
large selection). Fry's Electronics has them for pretty cheap.

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried a
> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by Best
> Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD movie
> section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.

Official Playstation Magazine gave it 50%
Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it 48%

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried a
> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed).

It's rubbish.

No, they said there is no such package. WTF? I am getting pissed if I
could have gotten another game. They said it was just a display to
advertise the game.

Gamestop
960 S. Colorado Blvd
303 757 1005

They just told me that the promotion ended when I called right now.

In article <1123249908.927078.229010@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
holleyrp@delanet.com says...

>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried a
>> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by
Best
>> Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD movie
>> section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.
>
>Official Playstation Magazine gave it 50%
>Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it 48%

Looks like its time to swing that money over to Ghost Recon 2:Summit Strike.
Looks like we have to wait for MediEvil Resurrection for a good psp
platformer(and it better be good).

> In article <1123249908.927078.229010@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
>>

>>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>>> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried
>>> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by
> Best
>>> Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD
>>> movie
>>> section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.
>>
>>Official Playstation Magazine gave it 50%
>>Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it 48%
>>

> Looks like its time to swing that money over to Ghost Recon 2:Summit
> Strike.
> Looks like we have to wait for MediEvil Resurrection for a good psp
> platformer(and it better be good).

You should try Kirby. It's fun.

"Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message

> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <1123249908.927078.229010@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>> holleyrp@delanet.com says...

>> Best
>>>
>>>Official Playstation Magazine gave it 50%
>>>Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it 48%
>>>

>> Looks like its time to swing that money over to Ghost Recon 2:Summit
>> Strike.
>> Looks like we have to wait for MediEvil Resurrection for a good psp
>> platformer(and it better be good).
>
> You should try Kirby. It's fun.

I just bought a ds and Kirby for my kid last night.

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> You should try Kirby. It's fun.
>
> I just bought a ds and Kirby for my kid last night.

You got the Mario free, too, right?!

"Mattinglyfan" <kyler_jai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No, they said there is no such package. WTF? I am getting pissed if I
> could have gotten another game. They said it was just a display to
> advertise the game.
>
> Gamestop
> 960 S. Colorado Blvd
> 303 757 1005

Gamestop doesn't have it. Wal-Mart does now. EB had it a while back. It's
not a package.

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried a
>> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by
>> Best
>> Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD movie
>> section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.
>
> Official Playstation Magazine gave it 50%
> Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it 48%

Just read the OPM review. Seemed like they dissed it more cuz
it "ripped off" stuff from psychonaughts. But still not very good review.
Hmmm, maybe I could rent it first. Oh well.

In article <42f37e54$0$84107$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
nothanks@toocoolforschool.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <1123249908.927078.229010@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>> holleyrp@delanet.com says...

>> Best
>>>
>>>Official Playstation Magazine gave it 50%
>>>Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it 48%
>>>

>> Looks like its time to swing that money over to Ghost Recon 2:Summit
>> Strike.
>> Looks like we have to wait for MediEvil Resurrection for a good psp
>> platformer(and it better be good).
>
>You should try Kirby. It's fun.

Too kiddy for me.

> "Mattinglyfan" <kyler_jai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> No, they said there is no such package. WTF? I am getting pissed if I
>> could have gotten another game. They said it was just a display to
>> advertise the game.
>>
>> Gamestop
>> 960 S. Colorado Blvd
>> 303 757 1005
>
> Gamestop doesn't have it. Wal-Mart does now. EB had it a while back.
> It's not a package.

I seen those packs at costco. There not all in one box. They were all
seperate but sealed in a plastic thing.

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried a
>> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by
>> Best
>> Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD movie
>> section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.
>
> Official Playstation Magazine gave it 50%
> Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it 48%

Play magazine also reviewed it. They really liked it, and gave it a 9 out of
10. PSM also gave it 7.5 out of 10, but I haven't read that review.

I've got the "limited edition" of the game preordered. I admit that I'm a
bit concerned because of the low review scores you quoted. Still, I think
I'll take a chance on it anyway. The game looks really stylish, and the
previews have compared it to Ratchet & Clank (which I like), so I'm looking
forward to trying it myself.

I have also noticed the rapidly growing UMD movie library. Judging from
several retail displays I've seen, I'd estimate there are at least 50 movies
on UMD already. I've even bought a couple UMD movies for myself!

--
Sal Manfredonia (smanfred@optonline.net)

"PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming
ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

"Sal Manfredonia" <smanfred@optonline.net> wrote in message
> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>>> Anybody seen anything on this game yet(reviews or people who have tried
>>> demo at E-3 maybe?). I sure hope its good(fingers crossed). I stopped by
>>> Best
>>> Buy on my way home from EB's and couldn't believe how large the UMD
>>> movie
>>> section was. They must of had at least 30-40 movie titles already.
>>
>> Official Playstation Magazine gave it 50%
>> Electronic Gaming Monthly gave it 48%
>
> Play magazine also reviewed it. They really liked it, and gave it a 9 out
> of 10. PSM also gave it 7.5 out of 10, but I haven't read that review.
>
> I've got the "limited edition" of the game preordered. I admit that I'm a
> bit concerned because of the low review scores you quoted. Still, I think
> I'll take a chance on it anyway. The game looks really stylish, and the
> previews have compared it to Ratchet & Clank (which I like), so I'm
> looking forward to trying it myself.
>
> I have also noticed the rapidly growing UMD movie library. Judging from
> several retail displays I've seen, I'd estimate there are at least 50
> movies on UMD already. I've even bought a couple UMD movies for myself!
>
> --
> Sal Manfredonia (smanfred@optonline.net)
>
> "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming
> ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

Yeah Id say a 7.5 given by psm pretty good compared to what opm gave it.
Plus take into account the other reviews. psm gave the hulk a 7 while opm
gave it 4 1/2 score. The same goes for the reviews on batman begins and
fantastic four. PSM gave those low scores while OPM gave them above average
scores.