New Pc build issues

tool1523

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
I know I have asked you guys many questions and I am thankful for all the Answers.

I was going to sell my old build and buy all new everything But figure It is a lot cheaper to just buy me the 3930k and a new motherboard.

I currently Have a Comos 1000 case I want to go with this motherboard but I am unsure if it will fit.

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 coupled with the old GTX 580's sli and the 3930k I should have an ok Mid end build.

I have seen case reviews about this case and they all say it supports extended Motherboards but then again this case was from 2007. While this is a pretty big case I have had issues with fitting stuff into it like the GTX 580's just barley fit and the Power support sucks as you can't get any of the beef psu's in it. I plan to go with a Comos 2 later down the road but currently I only wanna spend $1100. With that in mind can i just pop in my 1600mghz corsair Ram? I know the Comos 2 kinda sucks from what i heard from extreme PC gamers and stuff but I want something big and kick butt. When I go to a Lan Party I wanna have the biggest case on the block. However I am open to hearing about other cases within the $349-500. So with that in mind if you guys know of any massive cases that just scream this guy is a trolling jerk hit me up with info. Also is there anythiung better then Newegg.com for buying Pc stuff? I really like the no Tax stuff.

tool1523

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

my current setup is an extremely low end build

Cosmos 1000 Case :??:

Asus 990FX Sabertooth

16Gb Vengeance 1600mhz ram

SLI GTX 580's MIS Lighting Brand

AMD FX 8120 :pfff:

Antech 850w Gold PSU

Corsair H100.

Can't tell if trolling at this point. Just in case you just really don't know what you're talking about, that's an extremely high-end build you have there. The 8120 was a mistake, yes, but it's probably barely bottlenecking your setup. Getting a better CPU will hardly speed you up. Save your money and go for an upgrade in a year or two when the next generation's around, Intel's next "tick".

tool1523

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

No I'm not trolling. I am just very picky and unsure what to do I change my mind a lot. I need to have a Intel build man I hate this bulldozer build.

What do you mean? PCs don't go by feelings; they go by numbers. I can't see you getting an fps boost of more than a few frames per second with a new CPU. If you're on a single monitor without a 120Hz refresh rate, the change will be invisible, as I'm sure you're above 60fps in any game but, maybe, Crysis 2.

tool1523

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
In fact I hate this build so much I'm selling it for $1650 with an xbox 360 slim and kinect and a 32inch hdtv and two xbox controllers and wireless xbox headset and a logitech headset and my G15 keyboard and my mouse. Selling all on Craigslist to locals I hope someone buys it. Saw a 3030k build on newegg for 1599 so I'm going to buy that asap and just change the tower and power supply and slap in two 7950's.

tool1523

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I understand that but i just gotta do it. I also do web design hench why I bought a faildozer.
I went to q pc store my first mistake and bought that rig for 1500. Well it had a 560ti at the time then i was like meh I need sli 580's but bulldozer is causing me issues. Your I5 2500k I assume kicks the crap our of my 8120. At the end of the day all I really need to know is.of my case can handle the asus mb I listed. I like the 3820 also but meh I want power and lots of it. Like I said this is going to be my LAN party trolling jerk build also.

tool1523

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Sorry still typing on my mobile. You guys can take a look at my tower Craigslist.org under video gaming in san angelo Texas. I took out A GTX 580 as i feel the price is fair enough to whom ever buys it. Maybe by looking you can tell me if that mb will fit.

tool1523

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

\
Thank you dude wasn't sure if the E ATX boards had gotten bigger since 07. Another quick question. do you think I am asking way too much for my rig and xbox and tv? I really just wanna off load this thing and build my LGA 2011 Pc.