Annoying freezing

lolzxdrofl

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
hi my computer keeps freezing, everytime i open full screen i freeze, sometimes i just randomly freeze, and finally when im in games it occasionally freezes.
Specs:
AMD AM3 B60 X4 3.8ghz (sometimes 4.1ghz)
2x HIS 6850
Patriot G2 Series 8gb (4 x 2)
gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
Corsair TX850M
BenQ 21.5 inch monitor G2222HDL
Microsoft sidewinder X6 keyboard
Razer spectre mouse
2x 500gb SEAGATE 7200 rpm
antec 1200
things i've tried:
Furmark- No shutdown from it avr temp 61 degrees, and 65 degrees, and 79 fps, CPU- temp 34 degrees
reinstalling windows 7 home premium (yes it is genuine)
under-clocking my cpu and overclocking it even more.
switching video cards, and switching ram.
i even switched to be old 5770 still lags.
taking out one hard drive.

DM186

Splendid
Drivers up dated? I know when I updated my Nvidia cards to the 285 it caused all kinds to problems so I went back to the 280 ones. Does the AMD cards use the same drivers? I don't know I prefer Nvidia. You could try to roll yours back. When you put back in the 5770 did it Freeze? Your bench marks look good.

It really sounds like drivers or heat. How do you have your hard drives set up? But I don't think it would be that. It could be one of your card are going bad. Are you overclocking the GPU's? I see you are not over clocking the CPU. If you do over clock the GPU maybe it is unstable.

Maybe somebody else can shed some more lite on this. How was it when you ran the two 6850 by them selfs? Same problem? Please repost one more question when game freezes do you have to reboot or can you use task manger?

lolzxdrofl

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

yea forgot to mention a ton of things, uhh yes i do switch around the GPU and now that i think about it i kinda would like nVidia better :/ but i like ATI 2, i do overclock the cpu but to check i put it back to default setting again, and yea my GPU are overclocked but when i set them back to default samething happens :/, and def can't be heat i mean furmark its higher then hd videos but it doesnt dc like when im on full screen and i temperature check my gpu its like 34 degrees sometimes 37 (i have gpu tempature detector), idk whats the problem i don't think its the GPU i've switched the drivers and they do have the same drivers 2 his 6850, even with the 5770...
but thanks for ur advice