Geforce 9500 GT

It's 1GB DDR2 PCI express 2.0 x16 and I'm just looking for info and opinions on it. I'm building myself a new system and I'm going cheap on the video card for now until I can get some more money and I can get that card for $15. I'm also curious if anyone knows what games it will run well and what games in won't. For example MW3 or BF3. Any input or advice is much appreciated, thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about geforce 9500
  1. If by "run well" you mean play the games at the bare minimum settings with a Powerpoint slideshow FPS, then yes. The 9500 GT will run all those games well.
  2. I have been running this card for 2 and a half years now

served me very well, i am using it now for my pc.

runs portal well but not the cut scenes, lets me play team fortress quite well and half life 2 good,

not a gamer card

I am beginning to doubt the quality of my movies I watch on my PC because of this card,
  3. get a 9600gt, much much better
  4. Well the bottom line here is the cost. It's a $15 card. What I'm looking for is really good performance to cost ratio cards, if this one is a dud that is.
  5. fuggles said:
    get a 9600gt, much much better

it is better to get HD5670. have better performance than 9600GT while using less power.

Anonymous said:
    Well the bottom line here is the cost. It's a $15 card. What I'm looking for is really good performance to cost ratio cards, if this one is a dud that is.

this might interest you if you include MIR:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150579

better than 9500GT but a bit slower than 9600GT
  6. Greetz,

I had a 9500GT a while back and it currently resides in my brothers desktop. It's a top budget card and believe it or not, it can get by running Skyrim on low.

All that said, it is an old card now and there are some nice budget cards around. :)
  7. Keep in mind this is a slow DDR2 card. The normal 9500GT should have DDR3, and be a LOT faster. For $15 it's not a bad deal. Getting from a friend or ??? If you can increase the budget at all you should be able to find a 4850 or 8800GT. I see them go used for $40-$50 all the time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Geforce PCI Express Graphics Product