Sign in with
Your question
Solved

SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W Any good?

Last response: in Components
May 6, 2012 7:55:52 PM

Im buying a new psu that im going to be using now and later with my build im saving up for. Im wondering if this is any good. I know some brands you should turn away from, but i have bought only 2 psu before and they were both cheap 25$ ones. This one is modular which i want and it has 620W where mine right now i have a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... And its only 485W which i doubt it can reach.

Though right now all i have is a
-Celeron E3400 OC@ 3.2GHz
-XFX HD6770
-2 SATA HDD's IDE controller is messed up and my other 2 IDE HDDS Register as an impossible amount of storage and are accessible(ex: They'll say 878763459TB in Device manager)
-ASRock g31m-s r2.0 motherboard
-3GB DDr2 800 RAM x1 1GB, x1 2GB
-3 Case fans (soon to be 7)

I have 75$ no more than that unfortunately not even for shipping (No job, only 16 need job for experience need experience for job :/  ) So i was wanting to get whats in the title for my psu because once i get a job i plan on buying a 2500k OC 4-4.5GHz with Corsair h70/h80. And having a HD6870 or better on how much money i have at the time. So i plan on upgrading and keeping the psu as long as possible , and i know not to cheap out on a psu considering how important it is and how a bad one can fry everything.

So right now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... is what im wanting to get. It has great reviews and all but i want some more opinions on it before i spend the rest of my cash on it. Im open to suggestions of better ones for 75$MAX including shipping. And i want (not necessarily. need) it to be modular, have 2 6pin power pci connectors (for gpu i plan on getting), and ill probably get a ATX motherboard and get rid of my micro atx so it must have a 4 and 8pin cpu power like the one i listed.
a c 139 ) Power supply
May 6, 2012 8:01:51 PM

It's really an excellent PSU.
More than enough for target build, including dual GPUs and overclocking.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
May 6, 2012 8:53:49 PM

yes, thats a really good one.

Makes me sad I bought a Rosewill hive for $63 last week and now this is so close to that price.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
May 6, 2012 10:58:04 PM

A very excellent power supply from one of the best power supply manufacturer on the planet. Many other popular PSU lines from corsair, antec, xfx, etc are based on Seasonic S12 or M12 units that are slightly modified.

As long as you're nice to it.. it'll stick with you for years and years.
May 7, 2012 12:14:44 AM

So this is my best option for the price range? Also on the picture with the 20+4pin motherboard power connector, on the far right thats a 4+4pin cpu power right? like so i can use it on ATX and MicroATX?
m
l
a c 139 ) Power supply
May 7, 2012 12:32:31 AM

You'll be hard pressed to find a better modular PSU in that price range.

It has both PSU power leads for motherboard aux CPU power connectors.
8pin EPS (left) and 4pin ATX (right).
m
l
May 7, 2012 12:58:16 AM

Best answer selected by 8bitloser.
m
l
May 7, 2012 12:58:33 AM

lilotimz said:
A very excellent power supply from one of the best power supply manufacturer on the planet. Many other popular PSU lines from corsair, antec, xfx, etc are based on Seasonic S12 or M12 units that are slightly modified.

As long as you're nice to it.. it'll stick with you for years and years.

Thanks! Ordering today :) 
m
l
!