Display goes black when playing games?

ddong4dung

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hello first post .

Anyway, about a month or two ago, I proudly built myself my first PC for Battlefield 3 and it worked great. Every game that I threw at it worked great and everything was wonderful. Then about a week ago I got MW3 and i played the campaign for about an hour then stopped.
The next day I started up the campaign again from where I left off and it started fine, but after about two seconds, my monitor just went pink and there was this buzzing sound coming from my speakers. I couldn't alt+tab or open task manager or anything so I had to hold down the power button to restart it. i then checked that all my drivers were up to date tried it again but the same thing happened over and over again (all the time with slightly different colors).
So, thinking that the problem could be with MW3, I tried opening up a Battlefield 3 multiplayer game. It went fine until i quit the game half an hour later and joined another one. Then after 5 minutes in that game, my screen went black and the buzzing sound reappeared.
The next day I started up another Battlefield 3 game which ran fine for half an hour then the screen went black and the speakers started buzzing. That kept going on for a few days until now it starts buzzing with a black screen almost immediately after I started the game.
Thinking that my I was straining my graphics card too much and that I didn't have a strong-enough PSU to support all this, I tried lowered my CPU's overclock from 4.5ghz to 4.0ghz and started a simple game of Minecraft. Almost immediately that also ended in a black screen with a buzzing sound.

MW3 ends up with a buzzing sound from the speakers and variously colored screens while Battlefield 3 and Minecraft have a black screen instead. On several occasions of a black/colored screen and buzzing noise, fans in my system (not sure which) starting spinning much faster than before.

Specs
i5 2500k (overclocked to 4.5 ghz then moved down to 4.0ghz to see if that solved anything. It did not.)
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus (to cool CPU)
Gigabyte GD-Z68XP-UD4 Mobo
Gigabyte GTX 570
Corsair CX 600w PSU (eXtreme Power Calculator said this could run my system fine, but I still have doubts)
8GB G-Skill Sniper RAM 1333mhz

Thanks.

ddong4dung

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Idle temperature is around 40 C.
Temperature after 5-10 minutes of ATItool was about 67 C.

There was also a screeching sound coming from inside my system while I was running ATItool.

ddong4dung

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
After 6 minutes, temperature went from 42 C to 63 C. No crashes or black screen

Settings were:
1920x1080
4x AA
Fullscreen

Framerate averaged 6.

Is there anything weird about those numbers?