- I'm in the market to buy a new laptop to play Diablo 3 (coming out may 14th)
- My budget is limited and I wanted to spend around $500-600
- After reading around forums (and getting a headache), I kept noticing recomendations to "wait until the AMD Trinity" releases. Apparently it will be very powerful and at very affordable prices
- After more googling, it turns out that the AMD Trinity APU for notebooks is releasing on May 15th
- After yet more googling I came across this article http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/4/10/amd-trin...
The important line "We learned that AMD is currently briefing journalists in a dedicated event, but according to X-Bit Labs, AMD will only release premium mobile parts on May 15th - read quad-core processors."
-Even I know that quad cores are the most expensive
This leads me to my two questions
#1) How do these chip releases work? The trinity amd releases on May 15th. What does that actually mean? How long before I can buy a laptop with the trinity AMD technology and pricing?
#2) The trinity AMD is supposedly supposed to undercut intel's chips by upto $200 or more. They are targeting the $500 notebook price range. So how much more than that do you anticipate the Quad core version of the trinity AMD will cost?
Sorry for my shocking lack of knowledge Would really appreciate any feedback
You could see some models available very soon after the announcement. Early June?
I think you will be able to find a under $600 A8-4500M (2.1GHz/2.8GHz) & HD7640G graphics notebook. I just don't know how soon after launch you'll find those prices. Certainly before the end of the summer.
I dont mind refurbs/reconditioned if they carry a warranty.
Did you have something in mind?
Here are the Diablo 3 specs btw
Bare minimum Specs
Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)
12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband* Internet connection
1024x748 minimum resolution
Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better