Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Extremely Puzzling issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 25, 2011 5:00:02 AM

Hello,
I am having the weirdest issue with my system, First the specs: BIOSTAR Group TA880GB+ motherboard, 8gb RAM, 3.40 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor, Zotac Brand NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT video card, ASUS VE247H 24" Monitor, 1100 Watt Power Supply..... I have checked every setting I know, the monitor is Good, The DVI cable is good, Can find nothing wrong with my video card. The Issue: For some reason my screen will go blank after roughly 2 minutes of idle time(no mouse movement),but if Im watching a full screen video or playing my online game full screen it doesnt happen. and if I move the mouse it returns immidieately, its like its in sleep mode without going into sleep mode the power light stays blue(not yellow like when it goes into actual sleep mode I have set at 1 hour) I am completely baffled by this and am desperate for an answer that might help. So if ya got a clue please share it with me.
a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2011 5:20:30 AM

Have you checked either the power saving settings in Windows' control panel? Perhaps that's what's happening? I get something similar every 20 minutes, but it correlates to the fact I have the "turn off monitor" option set to 20 minutes.
Score
November 25, 2011 5:35:15 AM

Yeah mine is set at 1 hour, so the screen blacking out isnt that setting anyway. :) 
Score
Related resources
November 25, 2011 5:37:01 AM

is there another way I can test my video card besides Fur Mark? it runs it fine , but unless i keep moving the mouse, the screen goes black while running it.
Score
November 25, 2011 5:44:24 AM

OK never mind , thank you all who answered. I have discovered that a screen saver(I never use them) was set to go to a blank screen. I now feel stupid, my apologies for wasting ppls time.
Score
a c 105 U Graphics card
November 25, 2011 5:48:57 AM

there aren't any stupid questions here. every time someone writes something we all learn.
Score
November 25, 2011 6:34:26 AM

The internet is littered with topics like "I have a big problem" and "Please help"
Score
!