MSI GTX460 SLI

mac-za

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I am really stuck.....:(
I have the following rig:
i7 920,MXI X58M Mobo, 6gig 1600 ram 3x2, 1Tb WD black, 700w PSU Win 7 64 Bit and 2 x msi 460 gtx Graphics cards.

My issue is this, When I go to the NCP i get the Sli option, it shows that all I need to do is click on 3d ..... and apply. But when I do this my screen flickers then blue screens saying that there is some issue with an Nvidia driver file. Before you say change your driver!!!!! please read further.. I know this sounds dumb but I have. I have reinstalled win, installed latest drivers (a number of times), tried with different drivers (old and new), changed the bridge, done everything. I cant seem to get it to work.

If by any remote chance there is any other tricks to try or suggestions other than the normal please share with me.

I have even had my system tested and all is fine with it, did the stess test with no problem, the only thing that worked was a ssd hdd with a cracked copy of win 7 64 :/ ............ ( not the way I want to fix it) so I know it does work with my set up but I'm just not sure what im doing wrong

thanks