File Types change button grayed out for Limited User

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Since installing XP SP2, I can no longer change the "File
Types" association in Folder options, the change button
is grayed out for all Limited users. How can I change
the .pdf extension so that it is associated with acrobat
reader?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I don't know why I can't use Windows Explorer
tools/folder options/file types/change (because it's
grayed out when logged on as a Limited user), but have
found an alternate way of setting the association.