Tri-monitor with different monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich635

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I'm getting a custom gaming computer for black friday (i7 2600k, 8gb ram, 580 sli) and the website i'm getting it from (ibuypower) is offering free 19" monitors (2) and i already have a 23". Thought I could go tri-monitor but I need advice if I can do it and how. Help?

Solution
yes you can go tri monitor but with different types of screen, even at teh same resolution you will most likely get eye strain over long periods due to differing contrast ratios etc.
Once you get them home I would suggest the 23" in the middle and a 19" either side. just plug them all in and boot up the system.
Then goto the nvidia/ati control panel and set them up from there.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
yes you can go tri monitor but with different types of screen, even at teh same resolution you will most likely get eye strain over long periods due to differing contrast ratios etc.
Once you get them home I would suggest the 23" in the middle and a 19" either side. just plug them all in and boot up the system.
Then goto the nvidia/ati control panel and set them up from there.

Solution

rich635

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Yeah, that's what I was planning. Want to play BF3 maxed with peripheral vision without breaking the bank (580 sli for price of 570 sli! + $120 23" monitor) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.