Buying Stock pc's / Laptops in Europe

maxowa

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
After reading a now closed thread and others I decided to buy a laptop from Digital Storm - when I called them however I found out that as I live in Switzerland the price would be 80 - 100 % higher due to shipping and customs fees.

Therefore I would like to know if anyone has a decent alternative which will ship to Europe at favorable prices or even better will ship from Europe?

Thanks!

maxowa

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

Thanks for the reply :) however both Dell and Hp are not really applicable

From Digital Storm I was looking at the x17 series. Dell has the Alienware equivalent, however from the posts I have read their service and value for money isn't up to standard so seems a shame to not be able to get a quality product, just because I live in Europe and not the US.

Any further suggestions anyone?

tlmck

Distinguished
Sorry. Saw the word stock in the title. What you want is a custom gaming laptop. The only thing I can think of is Dell's Alienware line and it seems the UK is as close as you can get. http://www.alienware.co.uk/

maxowa

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Ah ok thanks, you or anyone else don't know of any alternatives - they just don't seem like much value for money - and apparently their service isn't fantastic either.