Closed Solved

Integrated graphics vs GPU

Hello, I'm not a gamer but I don't upgrade my computer all that often and I want to buy with as much of a long range plan as possible. Looking at
Gateway DX4860 models which have intel HD Graphics 2000 v HP p7qe which I can't get with 2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce. Which is better? Also 7200 RPM hard drive v 5400. Big diff or not. Thanks...Hankster
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about integrated graphics
  1. There is a huge difference between the HD2000 and the GeForce card. There is even a difference between the HD2000 and the HD3000 as the 2000 probably is the bottom of the list of graphics accelerators. I would withoput question go with the GeForce card since it will give you better graphics in whatever you do , gaming , watching video , editing pics web surfing. There is also a difference between 7200 and 5400 with the 5400 again is the option that is at the bottom of the list , with that drive programs take longer to open , in gaming maps take longer to load , just anything that has to do with the hdd will be slower so in this choice the one I would go with is the 7200.
  2. Best answer
    Of the current generation of integrated video the Intel HD 2000 and Intel HD 3000 are at the bottom of the list. The Intel HD 2000 is probably about 50% - 60% faster than their previous GMA 4500 integrated graphics core. The Intel HD 3000 is basically equal to the Radeon HD 5450.

Intel's graphic cores are fine for HD video playback. I wouldn't bother installing a discreet video card unless you are having issues.

A 7200RPM hard drive will allow programs to load and save faster.
  3. Best answer selected by hankster35.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics