Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Circumaural Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset

NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit

SAMSUNG LED BackLight LCD 120Hz 3D Monitor w/DTV Tuner & 3D glasses

2x OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

2x ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit - OEM

Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79

2x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)

CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200

2x ASUS ENGTX580

Thermaltake Level 10 GT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: 1/24/2012 - 2/1/2012

Budget Range: $5100 USD MAX Not a penny more.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Folding@Home.

Parts Not Required: Everything Required

Preferred Website(s) www.newegg.com and www.gigaparts.com

Parts Preferences: ASUS Gamers Republic Hardware/Nvidia/Corsair Hardware/G.Skill/ICDiamond Thermal Compound is a MUST

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: SLI

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 - 1920x1200

Additional Comments:I would like it to pay my bills for me. While being a nice PC and not taking over the world by calling it's self skynet... It being self-aaware is okay. Just please ill intentions towards humanity if that's not too much to ask.. -Thank's!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
- This case.. I think it's cooling capabilities isn't the best, due to SLI GTX 580 you could change that one.

- CPU Cooler, I heard that some people having problems with this Corsair H100, look about it, and if it's the case change this solution for an Noctua C14.. it's an awesome air cooler (at same category performance than this water cooler if I'm not mistaken)

- If you're not doing anything beside games I would say you're wasting money in CPU, I would be equally served with an i5-2500k. But if X79 platform is a must (for braggin' for example) step down to the more civilized 3930k (sadly, out of stock in Newegg atm)

- This samsung monitor utilizes a proprietary active 3D method, I really don't know if will be some compatibility problems trying to utilize the Nvidia Emitter+Glasses.. I really don't know. (I don't know how the samsung 3d system works.. so I can't predict the compatibility)

This is the safest buy: ASUS VG Series VG278H Black 27", sadly out of stock in newegg atm too.

- Is it really necessary 2 Blu-ray burners?

- If you are gaming, there will be memory that you NEVER gonna use. Even 16GB would be total overkill (I have 16GB, plays all the latest games, and never saw more than 8GB used).
Stick with 16GB only.

- Reconsider your selected memory ram, they have a high voltage (try to get 1.5V at max or you might hurt your CPU) and these heatspreaders are too tall, it may obstruct a cooler, or something, see if you can get some low profiles. And reconsider too to "step down" to DDR3 1866mhz memories (Since due to X79 chipset design you won't gain anything going to 2133 besides spend more money)

- Take the money saved and buy a 1TB HD for installing your games.
Try to find in another store these out of stock items.

nakatabrother

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
LOL epic tri post. Also BTW, for low profile rams u can look for the corsair low profileshttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233252.
I know its only 1600mhz, but for gaming 1600mhz is enough and u can always overclock them.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
dual blu-ray drives necessary? I say definitely. I actually use 2 myself with an additional CD/DVD-R that i use to copy.... err i mean backup my DVD's from Redbox/Netflix rentals....

But i would ask about the 3D monitor, I use eyefinity spanning 3 displays so if your spending this much on the system, You could still get your 3D monitor but use 2 additional monitors for the Nvidia Surround gaming setups and when your not playing a 3D game on your main display, i promise you will absolutely LOVE the 5760x1080 gaming resolution.

other than that, do you plan on configuring your SSD's in a RAID-0 Stripe or RAID-1 Mirror? I do think that it would be worth while to get another larger hard drive for storage or backup. Whether you choose 500gb or 4TB i think is a good idea

Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I have heard that the Samsung's in built 3D conversion is absolute sh*te and I'm pretty sure they don't work with NVIDIA's 3D engine (you want to get the most out of your 580's, right?). Take a look at the new Asus or Acer that have Lightboost + 3D Vision 2 glasses.