• 15.6-inch LED-backlit Display

• GPU:AMD Radeon HD 6520G Graphics

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• 5.1 Hours of Battery Life

• Processor: 1.5 GHz A-Series Quad-Core A6

• Number of Processors: 4

• RAM: 4 GB

• HDD 500 GB

I have done much research and I picked this laptop because I am on a low budget (300-500$) And this laptop just fits in at 449$(Original Price 599%). Also the GPU with HDMI is a huge + Also having a USB 3.0.

But I plan on playing games like MW3, BF3, Black ops, Skyrim. Stuff like that. Will I be able to?

I mean I don't expect to stream them to a HDTV on 2560x1600 res with full settings.. :pfff:  But Maybe Playing MW3 with 1280x768 Medium settings ans No AA. :D 
  • More about : good laptop gaming

January 24, 2012 9:46:10 AM

Good choise for ur money. Al games work fine in that. No problem.
    Score
    January 24, 2012 9:47:02 AM

Getting that amount of gaming for a budget like that is really hard. Desktops will fare much better in gaming than laptops.
    Score
    Related resources
    January 24, 2012 9:48:37 AM

hitechgowthaman said:
    Good choise for ur money. Al games work fine in that. No problem.

Those FPS games will run on low(still might lag) and skyrim will lag unplayably due to the fact that it is dual core cpu intensive and 1.5 GHz llano isn't going to cut it.
    Score
    January 24, 2012 1:57:11 PM

Well Skyrim is actually the game I plan to buy first :(  It has 4-CPU and turbo boost to 2.4GHz If that makes any difference
    Score
    January 24, 2012 2:23:44 PM

I found this comment on a tiny bit weaker version of your cpu choice regarding skyrim. So with a tweak it will should definitely be playable if it's not straight away.

Quote:
    Posted by: Happy Himitsu

I am guessing by the comments that nearly everyone here (especially the guy saying "you kids go ahead and...") is under 20 years of age with the mentality of a 15 year old.
    The fellow above me is wrong. K10Stat doesn't just remove limitations. It removes them and then some. How do I know this? Because I have my sabine set to hit 3.0 on all cores with a slight voltage boost when it hits turbo.
    Did it show any improvement in real world application? Yes. How much? I gain 5-7 fps in Skyrim and about 10 playing dead island. I can run both dead island and skyrim smoothly (albeit on low settings for skyrim, medium for dead island) at these clocks so I would have to say for a combo apu that is not too bad at all! AND running at 3 ghz on all 4 cores does not put my temps over 55ish at the worst of times, w/stock. :p  NYAAAH. (ok, now I'm the one who sounds 15 :p )

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-A6-Series%20A6-3400M.html
    Score
    January 24, 2012 2:31:13 PM

Yea I plan on overclocking it if necessarily Thanks!
    Score
    January 24, 2012 11:25:38 PM

i also say if your gaming to go custom desktop
    Score

Best solution

January 30, 2012 12:09:15 PM

I have an A6-3400 processor in my laptop which runs 1.4ghz and 2.3 boost. If you want it to game and work well with modern ones, use k10stat as mentioned. Also, get a dual fan cooling pad. I stress this to keep temps down. I run my pad on low when it is overclocked for games. Max AMD says for CPU is 100ish C but mine never passes 70C while gaming which is very good!

I let it change the clock speed depending on usage but max is 2.3 ghz now and boost is at 2.7 ghz. This cpu destroys the I3's and I5's hands down. The 2nd way I boosted gaming was add a 2nd stick of ram. Everything on the Windows Experience Index went higher. Ram went from 5.9 to 7.3, graphics went from 4.5 to 5.9, gaming graphics went from 6.1 to 6.5. now I have 8gb of ram and a tricked out laptop and mine only cost $400.

When I don't game I don't enable the overclock. No point in putting it on steroids for browsing and basic stuff, the CPU is extremely fast stock.

Hope this helps!
    January 30, 2012 9:09:04 PM

Thanks! I have a good Desktop but I need a laptop to have something for me to use on the go. I plan to upgrade the ram to 8GB

But the laptop currently was raised to 449$ is it still worth it for the hardware?
    Score
    February 7, 2012 12:31:30 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
    Score
    !