No signal problem.

railpressureflip

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
So I just finally finished building my new system. I took out my HDD from my older PC, there's OS installed on the C drive and I figured I'd format it on my newer PC. I put it in my new built and hooked it onto the screen. When I start it it says no HDMI / DVI detected. Now, I know for as a high possibility that my HDD doesn't have the drivers for my graphics card and motherboard, it's why it won't show it on the video. But what can I possibly do to get my screen / video running so I CAN install the drivers and stuff?

Don't think giving my whole specs would help so I won't bother writing it all out, but if its really needed you can ask. I've got 2 GTX570s in SLI and my motherboard is the asus p8p67 deluxe gen3.

Any help asap will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
So are you getting this message after the POST screens, after windows has loaded? or do you not get any display at all ever?

Is the HDD you added to your new computer used as the primary OS or is it just going to be an extra drive? I ask because if you had windows7 loaded on it, its very possible that your new machine will boot into that windows installation. If its going to be a secondary drive, you should make sure that your new computers BIOS has the hard drive priority/boot device configured to the drive that you want.

Now if your getting this message and never seeing any display, Do you have a PCIe graphics card with an onboard graphics solution on your new computer?
Powering up but no display can indicate any one of a few hardware errors: CPU, RAM, GPU, bad/low power etc.

railpressureflip

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Okay this is strange. Last night It kinda worked, it took me to the bios at first, then I exited it and proceeded to the windows boot, it showed me the logo then blinked me a BSOD, it was too fast to be able to read the error code. Then it restarted.

And now this morning I try to turn it on again and it won't even get there. Now I'm trying with just 1 GPU and 1 RAM and still no luck. Now the screen won't detect absolutely any input altogether. Same as last night earlier, same as what this post is about.

I do have my older HDD with Windows 7 32 bit installed, and I get that it is what may be conflicting with the setup, but in order to even get to a CD boot stage my screen needs to display something. That's what the problem is now.

This is so frustrating.

Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate them!