How Do I use Dual DVI+HDMI for 3 monitors?

QriusGuy

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hey, I just got a new monitor and radeon hd 6850 for black friday. My card has 2 DVI ports, 1 single and 1 dual (vga/dvi), 1 hdmi and 2 mini display ports. I also have two 23" 1080p monitors (1 new monitor , 1 lcd hdtv) and one 60 inch plasma. Before the new monitor I was running a dual monitor setup split between a 1680x1050 resolution 22" lcd monitor and the plasma tv. Now i was hoping to have the 3 above, but either the catalyst software or the card won't let me run the 2 dvi ports + HDMI. Why is this or is there a way to fix this?

QriusGuy

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! I forgot I had an on board nvidia 8200 gpu. I just used the iGPU for the hdmi and it works! now i just have the 23" monitors on the radeon and the tv, which i only need to watch movies, on the nvidia.

I just want to know if this is a bad setup? will run into problems?

QriusGuy

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah, it works well i think, the mother boards bios lets me choose to either have the on board on, off or have both with pci-e card.

thx for the time to help tho.

vtracy

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Hi everyone,

I mad e mistake and bought an ASRock P67Pro3 Mobo: That has just ONE PCIeX16 slot and NO on-board GPU! As I want to use it for my FSX (MS Flight Simulator X) cokpit I fouund out too late that my then graphics card did not support three monitors. I have:
1. Sony LCD TV 40" with HDMI and DP (SCART..) input; no DVI.
2. Two ViewSonic G930-M3 19" LCDs with DVI and VGA input.
I plan to extend the Win 7 desktop (Win 7 Prof 64bit) over all three of them.
My old grcard told me that I had to disable one LCD if I wanted to extend desktop to the the other. Very funny! So I looked around in the internet and found the Sapphire Radeon HD6850) which claims to support three monitors.
I have tied all (I think) combinations possible with the available inputs of the LCDsand the grcards output (2 X DVI; HDMI; PisplayPort).
I tried Eyefinity settings but got stymied by all sorts of - often cryptic - messages telling me that I cannot connect/group etc., more than two monitors.
I feel cheated.
Does anyone in this community have any experience with this set up? Or the Eyefinity? I looked for a 'user guide' of Eyefinity but that was useless; it told me what is obvious and kept silent about the things I did not know...
Any help would be appreciated.

vtracy

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

Hi wolfram23,
In its eyefinity description AMD claim that it is possible to combine lcds of different resolution. And: Even when I changed th res. on the big screen to that of the 19" ones, it did not work.