Your question

AMD Athlon X 2 processor problem

Last response: in CPUs
May 7, 2012 11:19:49 AM

Hi, I am a Tech Service Engineer...
I am using MSI MB with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor and 1gb RAM

Few days back my system powers up but there is no display

I checked the RAM and other possible display problems but all are working fine

I doubted the processor so checked with other processor then the display comes up

My doubt is, the old processor heats up normally but whats wrong with it i dont know...

Do any one experienced with similar problem

More about : amd athlon processor problem

a b à CPUs
May 7, 2012 4:14:43 PM

It's possible that the processor is dead, since a replacement processor worked just fine. It's possible, and not entirely unheard of, just rare though.
m
l
a c 152 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 7, 2012 10:03:55 PM

I've seen a few cases where the pins or socket seem to cause an open and just removing and reinstalling the cpu can fix the issue. Seen this happen alot more on video cards than cpu's but it does happen.
m
l
Related resources
May 8, 2012 5:36:33 AM

popatim said:
I've seen a few cases where the pins or socket seem to cause an open and just removing and reinstalling the cpu can fix the issue. Seen this happen alot more on video cards than cpu's but it does happen.

I had tried many times cleaning and replacing... other processor works fine but the failed processor heats up normally like the working one but no result... :-(
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 8, 2012 8:14:53 AM

If it consistently does not work, then its probably dead. Anything stopping you from using the other processor that is working permanently in your PC?
m
l
!